Loss (Derek Hale Imagine)

Fandom: Teen Wolf

prompt: Derek gets haunted of his younger self who has a relationship with Paige

Derek's view

"Derek! You will lose!" Paige called at me laughing as she passed me, while we ran through the forest. It was summer and the sun shined through the trees. We had holidays and I was spending every free minute I had with Paige.

I loved her, her smile, her intelligence and her eyes. I loved everything about her.

As we ran, the sky became darker and I couldn't catch up with my girlfriend. She was faster and while the sun disappeared, only her laughing was left.

"Paige? Paige! Please stop running so fast! Where are you?" I screamed out for her but the whole forest became silent.

I had a bad feeling as I used my supernatural powers to find her but I couldn't find any sign of my beautiful girlfriend.

Suddenly a small figure sprang in front of me and I sighed heavily when I recognized Paige.

She laughed at me. "Oh, the little bad boy was scared, wasn't he?" She teased me. "That wasn't funny, Paige. I was worried." I said and grabbed her wrist. She stopped laughing and looked at our hands. "You're hurting me." She panicked.

Something was wrong. I couldn't control my body and my claws appeared.

Paige's eyes widened and she looked at me in shock. "Derek, what's happening?" Her voice raised. I couldn't respond. Instead my fangs started to grow. "Derek, stop! You are scaring me! That's not funny! What's happening to you? Why are your eyes glowing gold?"

I could smell that she was afraid of me. She stumbled backwards holding her hands in front of her for protection. I was scared of myself and wanted to stop but I couldn't.

Suddenly Paige turned around and ran away from me. I ran after her and caught up, throwing her to the ground.

I stood above her. She was crying and begging me to stop but I laughed. I didn't want to but I couldn't hold myself back. I hold up my hand and...

I heard both of our screams when I woke up. Sweat was running down my body as I tried to calm down myself. My linen were ripped because of my fangs which appeared as I slept.

"It was just a damn dream!" I screamed at myself. A nightmare about my younger self and my first love...