Chapter 1

Mathew's POV

As I enter my office my secretary, Madeleine, was in front of her desk with a two stacks of folders and papers. Hell! I was going to pull an all-nighter to finish that shit. I checked my watch and it was 9:05, It was that time when SHE visited. She would have the brightest smile and her clean work clothes with heels that would make any woman feel tired by looking at her. She was the friendliest person you could meet. You would often mistake her for a model. She would have her perfect makeup that made all the women jealous and she would treat strangers like family. I have known her for 23 years and I know everything about her. Her favorite ice cream, to favorite shops, favorite food, and what type of underwear she would buy. I know I'm not her boyfriend or relative , but when she drags you around, you can't oppose her or your doomed. As I enter the office doors, I feel arms wrapped around me and jumps to get a piggy back ride.

"Your lucky that I'm tall, strong, if not we would be on the ground and me with back pain for the rest of the day." I said with a smile on my lips.

"Well it is a good thing that your prepared then." she says back with a little laughter.

"But are you getting fat? You feel a little rounder." She pulls my ears and puts her feet down and unwraps her arms. We have a very close relationship and to an outsider they might think that we are actually a pair, but he have been through pretty rough things and we would always be together.

"Shut up! I haven't had time to exercise, because of this case that is taking forever and it's getting on my nerves." She said walking straight to my desk and sitting at the edge and crossing her arms.

"Rebecca Lansky Johnson, since when have you had a hard time with a case? You always get your cases solved within 2-3 days and now.. well how long has this case taken you to solve?" I asked because I hadn't known when she started to work on this case. I go for the coffee pot that is in the little living room in my office.

"Its have been a week and I can't find evidence that Federic is innocent." A frown forming.

"Well have your tried to talk to the family member and work place?" I asked taking a sip of coffee

"Yes, but they don't even know anything."

"Well what is he accused of in the first place?" I asked walking to my desk and sitting in the world's most comfortable chair ever! Rebecca now faced me.

"He's accused of rape and murder. All the evidence appoints to him, but he said that during that time he was at the cemetery visiting his dead wife. He can't prove it but he was there all day." she sighed and took my coffee mug.

"Heyy!..*sigh* ..Have you asked him if he saw anyone? or if anyone saw him? If there weren't cameras or other people then it would;d be harder to prove his innocence" I start to login to my computer and set my files straight.

"......." she didn't say anything, which showed that she was thinking if he had said anything. She kept thinking and drinking my coffee that was meant for me not her, but she just took it.

"If you thought of something then shoo, I have paper work to do and your in the way. And by the way remember that Catherine is coming to dinner tomorrow night." Catherine was my current girlfriend and Rebecca didn't like her one bit, but still acts nice around her and other people, yet she still knows how to show someone hostility without being noticed.

"I hate that bitch. She is just UHH I can't even say it without ruining my day." she put the empty mug in front of me.

"Becks please. She hasn't done anything to you to have so much hostility towards her. All this time she has been the nicest person that I've dated that doesn't want money."

"Well then if I have to do it for your sake.. I'm willing only if you do me a small favor." She always knew how to play you. She could convince you to jump of a bridge and you couldn't say no.

"Fine. What do you want?" I asked her.

"You'll have to wait and find out later. Ciao!" She walked out, graceful as always. Since she was small her parents ingrained her morals and class. The perks of being born in high society. The telephone rang pulling me out of my thoughts. It was Madeline, she informed me that I had a meeting with the board members in 10 minutes. Great now I had to meet up with those old geezers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca's pov

After I left Matt's office, I called Martin. I needed him to find some things for me. Martin was my right hand man. I found him in a ditch 6 years ago. He was beaten to death and I had nursed him back to life. After he was healthy he was a second best friend and Matt at first asked why was he always with me and I told him that he would be my new bodyguard and to treat him like he wasn't there. The funny thing was when me and Matt ran away from our guards, Martin found us in an hour and told our parents that we were fine and that he would look after us and not worry. He had let us wonder around and do what we couldn't do because of our position. he had covered for us and wasn't on us 24/7. I called him and on the third ring he answered.

"Good morning, Lady Rebecca." he said all polite which indicated that he was with someone.

"I take it that your in the office?" I said

"Yes, you are correct. Could I ask why the call so early in the morning? Lady Rebecca."

"I want all the information about Catherine Armstrong. I want to know where she lives, where she goes on the weekends, what she does for a living, her family background, her friends. I want to know everything she does, even when she was in diapers and what she ate for dinner. I want it all. I want it by tonight at the latest. Understand?" I told him, my tone commanding.

"Yes, Would you like me to send it to your computer?" he asked

"Yeah and leave me a copy at my desk at the office, but also have someone follow her all week and to make a report on every person she sees and talks to. I'll go to the office later to pick up the report and finish some business." I said

"Yes it will be ready by then." I hanged up. I started thinking that it was time to tie some loose ends. I finished my work and left the firm and headed to the office. I got there and everyone stood up and came to greet me. I've always hated to be greeted like this but for some reason the guys always did this even though I always get annoyed. The office was hug mansion but it wasn't elegant nor fancy. it was made of bricks but had a nice touch of being in the country. There was a separate part of the house that was more modern and a bit more luxurious, it was the dormitories, each and every member had a room not to big or small but moderate. They had a bathroom for the room and two living rooms, a theater, a gym, Jacuzzi with a 9 ft deep pool. a gun range, and a video game room. They always play when we are not doing business. I join them once in a while and they hate it because they always loose at everything when we bet on something. I've always been more keen that others and I have an high IQ. But people don't need to know this, since they would feel more inferior considering that they are obeying a girl that is 10x more smarter. When I went into the business I was barely 15, I was trained in every possible martial arts in the world, also other sports varying from boxing, swimming, archery, track, gymnastics and others, I learned at a fast and my teachers felt ashamed that they couldn't teach me anything and they also trained again after seeing me perfect everything. My dad is part of the Russian Mafia, but my grandpa didn't think that my dad had the balls to take the business so he waited until I became of age. In this job you have to be smart and merciless. My grandpa told me 7 rules. 1. Don't have any weaknesses, 2. Strike your opponent first, 3. Don't get caught, 4. treasure everybody around you, 5. Family is the most important thing above everything else, 6. Device those around you because they will be your downfall, lastly only trust those that are worthy. These were the seven golden rules that I've put myself to uphold.