Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow (Marfa)

Marfa walked out of Picasso's apartment with much reluctance, leaving a very tired, but happy, Ink Master. And a number of a new lover.

To be honest, she was actually surprised Picasso wanted her number. Marfa usually didn't do sex on the first date. Apparently, word got out ages ago that Incubi and Succubi-Daemons only used the politically correct term of "Siren" if you were referring to both genders-were fantastic lovers and, as an added bonus, if you were Fed off a Siren, you became inspired for life. Needless to say, she got more than her fair share of offers from men and women. Marfa, needless to say, didn't go clubbing a lot.

There was no point in trying to explain to the humans that it had more to do with Sirens simply not having the Victorian attitudes towards sex that most humans in this part of the world had . Daemon culture was matriarchal in nature, and having not only children out of wedlock but also with different men. And if you were gay or lesbian? Welcome to Gehenna.

Or the fact that you had to already have some kind of inborn talent to get any kind of inspiration from getting Fed off of. In other words, you had to had to already have picked up a brush or guitar.

Also, Marfa would have to screen out most of her admirers in the club. Taking energy from a heavy drinker or drug user was something only Sirens did out of desperation, because those individuals made the Siren sick.  Doing it required a Purge afterwards, and, like the physical act, purging bad energies was unpleasant.

The terminally ill also were a no-no, because that would kill the Donor. More than once she had to fend off a clear 'Suicide by Siren'.  Inheriting Mother's Gift had done wonders for weeding out the rogues, praise The Shekinah.  One touch was enough to see Picasso's true nature, and for that, she was pleased.