Two

"Are you sure you don't mind sharing with me? I mean I'm sure if we talked to the counselor or something they could get you switched," I unlocked the door to mine, and now Camila's, dorm room.

"No, no, I'm totally fine with this. After all, you are the only person I know here so far. Unless you don't want me here?" Camila trailed off, leaving me feeling guilty.

"Of course I want you here! I just don't know if you really want to be rooming with me. I'm not the easiest person to deal with in the world."

"You're fine, I'm sure," she said as I switched on the lights.

Her suitcases were already standing by the extra bed, which was covered in clothes and schoolwork. "I am so so sorry," I rushed to the bed and start clearing my stuff off.

Camila laughed,"Trust me, I'm way worse."

"This does not bode well for us then, does it?" I joked.

"I'm sure we'll cope," she winked and started searching through her bags.

"What're you looking for?" I asked curiously.

"My school stuff. Didn't you say that class started in a few minutes?"

I glanced at my watch, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Ah ha!" Camila exclaimed and I looked at her with concern. "It's nothing, just found my books."

"Well I hope you have a bag or something cause if not, those things are gonna be a pain to carry around all day."

"Nah, I got one. So I've got British literature first, do you know where that is?"

"It's over in the English building. I pass there on the way to chemistry, so I'll show you the way."

"Thanks," she smiled as I gathered up my things.

It was a silent walk on the way to class. Students were everywhere, and I could tell that Camila was feeling overwhelmed. Neither of us talked, except for the occasional times I would point something important out. Luckily, the route to English was short, and in no time I was dropping her off.

"Now remember, do your best to get on Holloway's good side. You don't want to know what his bad one looks like. But you'll be fine, how could someone not love you? I reassured.

"Well, I appreciate what you've done for me today," she said nervously.

"Look, I've got to get to chem, but good luck!" I waved and ran off in the opposite direction.

After all, the science hall was on the other side of campus. But I wasn't going to let Camila walk alone. If I was a few minutes late, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, right? Wrong.

"Lauren Jauregui!" I was greeted by a loud screech.

"Yes?" I groaned.

"This is the second time in this week that you've been late to my class!" My chemistry teacher, Miss Cole, seethed.

"I know, but I had to show a newbie around."

"That's no excuse, and you know it. Next time, please be present when the bell rings or I will have to send you to the office."

"Yes ma'am," I nodded.

And with that, she spun around and continued to lecture. I got out my notebook to jot down some of what she was saying. However, once I started, I couldn't help but get distracted.

What was Camila up to? Is she doing alright? I hope Holloway likes her. And what about the other kids? What if they're making fun of her right now?

I wished that I could check on her, but there's no way Cole would let me. I just had to wait. Unfortunately, taking notes about the different properties of water does not go by quickly.