Chapter one

"Elayziss get down here and apologize to your brother!" mother called from zone 1.

"He is not my brother! He has a different father than me. In fact the only person in this family that is even related to me is you! You didn't think that not telling me until now will make it easier to accept that half my family had any relationship to me whatsoever."

"Elayziss that is not true, he is still related to you. The only difference is that he has only half of what you have. You are freaking out for no good reason so just calm down. Besides he knew about it before you and he never made a big deal."

"That is just it! He knew about it that means that it is an even bigger lie because he never thought to mention it to me. How can I trust you when you lied to me like every single day of my life!"

"You know that is not true. We kept it from you so that you don't feel bad."

"So I don't feel bad!! You didn't think about  what would happen when I find out on my own! I thought I could trust you but apparently I am wrong." At that point mother just stopped I hope that means that she is done yelling at me. That hope immediately left me when I heard footsteps coming down the stair unit towards my cube.

"Elayziss please just talk to me I want to talk to you where I can see your face and not have to yell through the door" 

"Fine what do you want! Me to apologize! I don't think so! You all left me clueless to the truth lied to me about being my brother not half brother, Dad being a step dad and not related to me at all, mom that kept telling me that both of you were the same family..."

"Calm down alright I was just coming to say that I love you and I never wished that it would come out this way. I only learned of it a little bit ago and I had the same reaction too. I love you the same even though we are not fully related I still want you to know that. There is nothing, NOTHING, that will change that. You got it?"

Strangling with emotion that will not let me go, I managed to get out an ok and I turned around and closed the door. "I'm going to bed just everyone leave me alone." 

Softly behind my door I heard my brother say goodnight and his steps receded up the stair unit.

I waited until everyone in the hose when to bed, which wasn't until 2237. I got up and started to prepare. I put extra clothes, food, water, credits, rope, and other essential items for survival.

The city only has air because the city is surrounded by a globe that is only opened by a small airlock somewhere in the industrial area. Find that area I go into the ship dock that is out in the open. When we took all the necessary precautions to have the city be able to disappear at the first site of the humans watcher, the dock was tiny and heavy rules were placed in order to use it. A one of those being, you have to have a ship that can take flight in a matter of seconds or have a clocking device to turn it invisible to the watcher's eye. Most of the people that do have ships there have cloaking devices and are used for merchant ships. those that can take flight quickly are smuggler ships who aren't afraid to go anywhere. That is who I am looking for, someone to get me off this planet and into the universe.

I looked back one final time and slipped out the door leaving my life here behind me. All that is ahead is my search for my place in the universe.

 All that is ahead is my search for my place in the universe