1

"Y/N Malfoy." Professor McGonagall announced as the hall went silent. You and your brother Draco were Malfoy's, a wealthy, Pureblood family. You both had a reputation, and you intended to live up to it. You made your way up to the sorting hat and sat down in the seat. You looked over at your brother, who had already been sorted into Slytherin. It didn't even take him five minutes before the Sorting Hat yelled out Slytherin. He was already being surrounded by several first years that you had saw on the train.

"Hmm, ahh a Malfoy. You're family is practically made up of Slytherins. But you show qualities that are sperate from the typical Slytherin... Brave, Cunning, Smart; Oh this will be tough. Better be.... GRYFFINDOR!!!" The Gryffindor table roared with delight as they accepted another member. You were shocked. As you made your way to the table, you could feel Draco's eyes burning into the back of your head. You smiled and greeted the table, but kept to yourself once the feast began.

Once everyone began eating, an little bit of food landed on your sleeve. You looked over and saw a shy looking boy. It looked like he was the one looking for his toad on the train. "I-" was all he managed to stutter out before turning away. You giggled a little, thinking it was adorable how shy he was. After continuing eating, someone tapped you on your shoulder. "Hi, I really like your necklace." a girl with brown hair said with a smile. "Thank you! I'm-" "Y/N Malfoy. I heard,  You don't seem anything like your brother." She said in a confused manner. "Yeah, I get that a lot.." You said quietly.

" I like you a lot more. I'm Hermione Granger." she said with a smile. And that, is how you met your first friend at Hogwarts. . Once dinner was
finished, you and the other Gryffindors walked up to the common room; where you then met Harry and Ron, and headed to bed.