up in the unknown world!

Prologue

I stand in the middle of the living room in a daze, my shirt only half-buttoned and my shoes are untied. I am not mentally ready for this. I can’t believe I’ve gotten into this. I tried to walk out but it was too late; I’ve been immersed all along. I’d thought it was going well, and told myself that it couldn’t get any better. Nobody else got me the way he did. Nobody had such an effect on me. Nobody else made me feel so good. Nobody else made me so blind. Only he did.

“Nia! Come outside, it’s time to go,” Drake calls from outside.

I hear the trunk of the car close, followed by Drake’s heavy footsteps and the driver’s side door opening. I hear the car rev up. I crouch to tie the laces of my sand-colored boots and button up my shirt. I tuck it neatly into my cotton trousers. I walk over to the door and fling it open.

“Tsunami,” I call to my female German shepherd, “Out. Let’s go.” Tsunami dashes past me, down the porch steps, and across the lawn to my vintage blood-red Fiat. If she knew what was really happening she wouldn’t be so excited. Shouldn’t she be sensing my negative energy towards this? Well, whatever.

I hoist my rucksack onto my back and pull out the handle of my little red suitcase. I look around my living room one last time. I take a deep breath and step out of the door, into the unknown. I shut the door behind me and instinctively reach for the keys in my back pocket, only to remember that there’s no point of locking the door; I’m never coming back. I pick the keys out of my pocket and throw them into my well-tended hydrangea plants. I’ll miss this place.

This is my prologue of my first story..hope u like it!!xx