Clexa: Transgender Clarke AU

Clarke looks in the mirror, nervous. She sees something she never hoped to see. A man. She hasn't come out to her mother, or to her best friend, Lexa. Who had been involved in a relationship with a girl she was always jealous of. Costia.

"Clark! Honey, it's time to get to school! Hurry! You're going to be late!" Clarke's mother, Abby calls for her down the steps. "Coming, mom!" her voice, it's deep and masculine. She hates how it sounds. Every day, the annoying masculine tone, the constant facial shaving, the expectation to fit in like the other boys... Too much.

Clarke runs over to the table, to eat breakfast. She quickly eats her meal, all of her toast, eggs, and bacon. Clarke had never truly been a heavy kid, but she always wanted to have large hips and a big ass. Like girls in movies always do. She always loved the way they looked.

Clarke heads to school, where she meets her longtime crush, Lexa. Lexa is tall and slim, but she's a sophomore and Clarke is a senior. There she is. Sitting, as usual, in the hallway. Lexa is as beautiful as they come. Clarke feels nervous as all hell, and doesn't want to talk to the young girl, but she works up the courage. "H-hey, Lexa." "Clark! Hi!" She looks happy to see her. "Lexa, I have something to tell you... I'm... Sorry if it makes you not want to be my friend, but... I'm... Transgender. I... I'm really, inside... I'm a girl." Lexa smiles softly, and stands up. "Clark, it's okay. I felt like you were a little different when we first met. And... That's good." As if she has the confidence to spare, Lexa slides her arms around Clarke and smiles up at the tall girl. "So... What's your preferred name, then?" "Clarke. With an 'e'. So it's more feminine." "I like it. Now... All we gotta do is tell your mother..."