The Suprise

Lilith had been on a hunting patrol with a few other pack members and recently gotten back to camp. "Look what I caught!" She yipped through a mouth full of rabbit. James padded up to her. "Nice job Lilith," he said, followed by a lick on the ear.

Their Alpha snapped "James get back to work!" "Y-yes Alpha," James muttered. He then passed off to the hunters den with his ears laid back on his head.

"Alpha... Why do you have to be so harsh to him?" Lilith muttered. Her Alpha ignored her and went into his den.

The next morning Lilith was called out onto a hunting patrol. She was bounding through the woods "I've got you now mouse!" She squeaked. "Almost.. There.." She muttered, a tails length away from the mouse. She suddenly rammed into something with a yelp.

"My my, what do we have here?" An unknown wolf snarled at her. Lilith whimpered and stared up at the large black she-wolf. "A helpless pup without its mommy and daddy, huh?" The black she-wolf snarled.

The she-wolf bit into Lilith's ear causing her to yelp. Lilith howled for help but got no response. The she-wolf bit her again, "stop your howling pup, you are going to be a fun toy for my pack to chase and kill."

Suddenly James sprang from the trees and tackles the she-wolf. "Ah! Get off of me you stupid pup!" She screamed. The she-wolf shook him off, and ran away. "Thank you, James," Lilith said. "No problem Lilith," he replied, giving her a lick on the ear.