Mistake Number One

Warm sticky blood poured into my mouth and I didn't need a mirror to know I had a black eye. I wanted to stand up but a awful pain in my right ankle kept me from doing so. 

"Had enough punk?"

Slowly, I managed to turn my head upwards to face the cause of my pain. Who it was, I had no idea. It was nearly past midnight and his face was covered by a dark hood. 

"Nah." That was my biggest flaw. I could never quit doing anything. The man in the hoodie picked me up off the ground and then slammed me into the cold pavement beneath me. Head first. My shoulders and neck all had big scrapes on them that started to burn. 

I think this guy had enough fun for one day. Now it was my turn. I shoved my hands into my pockets and pulled out two switch blades. The blades edges reflected the moonlight. I gripped each blade tightly and went for a running start and my opponent. When I got close enough to the dark figure I jumped into the air and shoved my first dagger into his throat. He let out a gurgled shriek in pain as my second blade pierced his stomach.  Weren't expecting that were you? 

I twisted the blades around in the mans flesh and about a minute later he died. Moments later a head of white blonde hair emerged from a block nearby. 

"Yo Glitchy! Your face looks like shit!"  I bet so. That, is my friend, Extra. I don't  know her real name. Nobody in the secret association really knows much about each other. That's why we get along so well. 

I would reply to Extra but I'm far to tired and my throat really hurts. I noticed that Extra had a blood stained ax in her left hand. That's new. 

"Wher'd you get the ax?" I asked.

"I got a few extra bucks on my last mission and bought myself a present." 'A present' was an understatement. That thing could have came from the medieval times. It had a shiny copper handle and the blade looked like it was made from iron or something. The handle was also bejeweled with a green stone right where the hand grip was.

"Explain what a few extra bucks is." 

"Oh, well say the boss gave you $20,000 and a top notch weapon catalog, jealous?"   Um, YEAH. That thing was fantastic! 

"How'd you get so much extra? I wanna cool weapon too."

"He said I should have a good tool for my next mission." Extra (or Ex) gave me one of her signature grins and walked up beside me. 

"Yesterday I heard there was a fight in the boys dorms. Care to tell me what happened?" Right, that. Yesterday Bandit was looking for some spare change so he could buy a rifle and took $50 from Obsidians wallet. 

Obsidian was the strongest and meanest kid in the whole facility. Bandit, lives up to his name. When O found out that he was missing some cash he knew almost immediately who took it. Before anyone knew it Bandit was missing an eye. We're not exactly what you'd call good kids. 

"Bandit lost an eye for stealing some cash." I said simply. Now was not the time for long explanations. "How's the guy even alive? Who is this guy?" Ex kicked the lifeless body on the ground.  Some blood was still squirting out of the man's neck.

"I have no idea. The boss just gave me a job and said he'd explain later." That wasn't unlike him. More times than not my boss (and foster parent) would just give us a GPS tracker and let us know if he wanted his prey dead or alive. I can never really understand how the whole GPS thing works. All I know is that unless I wanna starve I better do my job right. 

"Not surprising. We should get back to the facility before we end up on the kill list." 

I nodded. That would really suck....

(( Hello! Sorry I actually didn't edit this yet so like... yeah. Whoops))