Chapter 1: New school

"Alex."
"M-mom?"
"Alex,darling."
"Mom! Where are you?"
"Here darling. I'm right here."
"I-I can't see you! It's too dark! Where are you? Mom! MOM!"

Alex was brought out of her dream by a stinging pain across her cheek. Daneel, her stepmother, hit her across the face. Ally winced in pain and held her swelling cheek.

"Get the hell up. It's your first day of school."

Daneel demanded. She tossed Alex a bottle of concealer. It landed in front of Alex and she stared at it.

"Breakfast is ready down stairs. Now cover up that bruise."

Alex still holding her injury, glared at Daneel as she strutted out of her room back down stairs.

Alex looked at her alarm clock.
6:30, great.
She dragged herself out of bed, put on her glasses, and brought the concealer to the bathroom. Alex is pretty good at covering up her injuries, caused by...well you already know who.

Alex prepared herself for the day ahead, covering her bruise, and putting in a coat of mascara to her long lashes and made her green eyes pop. She brushed out her long, light brown hair and picked out her outfit for the day. The teenage girl didn't have much clothing since her "parents" didn't care much about her. She pulled out a red flannel and whatever tshirt she could find. Alex picked up her shoes between her thumb and forefinger, examined the nasty things, and made a face.

Not wanting to make Daneel anymore pissed, she didn't eat breakfast with them and instead quickly grabbed an apple. Patrick, her stepfather, was sitting at the table with a newspaper, not even noticing Alex's presence. With her skateboard in hand, Alex made her way out the door without saying a word to her family. Relieved she made it out the door without a word from either of them, she blew out the breath she was holding and started her departure to her new school, Beacon Hills High.

As she ate her apple, Alex rode down the street, the gently breeze blowing through her straitened hair and pushed her glasses up her nose. The brisk morning fog felt good against her skin but was also chilly. She pulled the hood of her grey hoodie over her head as she looked up to see clouds blanketing the sky. It was kind of depressing.
Great way to start off my first day.
She thought sarcastically.

It wouldn't have been that bad if Alex started the school at the beginning of the year, but just moving to Beacon Hills a month ago, school has been in for a full month, which will make it especially hard for her to make new friends. Making friends was something Ally always tried to avoid since she wasn't good at it. She didn't really have many friends back in Colorado except for one boy she talked to some of the time.

Thoughts kept running throughout her mind.
What if I can't make friends? What if I trip or slip and fall on my face? That would be embarrassing. What if the teachers hate me? What if I can't find my classes? If I can't find my classes, I can't learn, if I can't learn, I'll fail the test, if I fail the test, I'll fail the class, and if I fail the class I won't get into a college and I'll work at McDonalds for the rest of my life and never get married and have 13 cats.

Alex arrived at the Beacon Hills high school. She propped her skateboard up and carried it under her arm. She didn't wear a helmet because she was a pretty experienced rider and didn't need one. Staring at the sign in front of the school, she sucked in a deep breath and made her way up the front steps. Ally walked into school she pulled the hood of her sweatshirt down revealing her beautiful light brown hair. When she looked up, the entire hallway was buzzing with other students. Slowly and cautiously, she made her way through the hallways to find the principals office to get her classes.