Circled affair

From the doomed alleys of Kathmandu city raised the acrid smoke of june clouds. The streets lay silent and deserted. The shops closed with no human movements. The fearless minds of the public in haywire. Camaflouge skinned men with heavy arms guard the city now. It had all happened in one restless night that took away freedom from this people of a tiny Himalayan kingdom. Unseeingly too rajesh couldn’t believe like the others what had happened. Their king lay dead. He turned downed the tv and walked into the kitchen. Inside was gita his wife with whom he had married for about 10 years now. The curfew had taken toll of rajesh who was a middle level government employee. His wife was busy spreading rice grains in the traditional trying to unsew every particle of the dust. suddenly his wife said.

“till when this is going to continue hajur” she said with a sheer emotion of confusion in her face.

“until the situation is normal” he confirmed her

“the rasan is about to finish” she retaliated

“don’t worry I will talk to the pasale about it” 

He hadn’t yet taken his pay roll for the month all this had happened to add misery to their middle level lifestyle. On top of it he had to accommodate for their two children’s fee. The money that he had all gone in their spending over the curfew. Without doubts he was having a hard time. The banks would be closed until the situation would be over he thought. He walked into the children’s room. They were busy studying as he always wanted them to. unlike himself he wanted them to be a great person in their lives.

“baba what is massacre” she asked

“it killing of large no of people” he said as if he knew the real deal

“ can we go play outside now” his son asked his father

“ok you can but not too long be back by supper” 

While the childrens went out to play he went to his bed and lay down. the tv channels were cut down as the government had banned all forms of entertainment over the death of the king. He wanted to pass his time some how. His mind drifted over. He thought it had been more than a month since he hadn’t engaged himself with his wife in the bed. Its not that they had had problems over each other. Some how rajesh didn’t enjoy the vigour of his sexual life with his wife. He would least himself to masturbating once a week to enjoy the heavenly pleasures. He thought if he had not been able to satisfy the wants of his wife. While rajesh drifted along the imagination of his sexual serendipity his wife called him and the kids for dinner. As they sat and ate together daddy was kind enough to less conscious childrens what was happening.

“this would fuel much more war than ever”, he said

The funeral of the king and the members of the royal family went on smoothly without any disturbance. The new king was crowned in hanuman dhoka garden the ancestarial home of the shah kings. After some days the situation returned to normalcy yet there was fear and doubts still lingering in the thoughts and minds of people.

Office resumed to normal, hectic days for rajesh began again. He was in at the local development ministry meaning he had to take of the developments of all the village committee of nepal. There were around 1735 VDC. Inevitable growth was not the normal as expected the civil war had thronged down the overall development people were not given privilege of the infrastructures. Bridges built were bombed housed destroyed people killed. Everything was going down more than ever meaning new plans had to be laid every day. 

Outside the corridors of the mantralaya there was a huge section of people with proposals to develops their respective areas of work. Corruption and commission in this place was rampant. Being the son of a school teacher rajesh was taught from a very young age that moral values in life really mattered. His father had taught him to behave in a society fit in according to the norms and the values of the society. Any decent behavior at home would be punished with a sharp beating of the stick on hands. Rajesh knew what the punishment for indeciency lied. He wanted to incorporate the same values that he had got from a very young age. He wanted them to be like him not alleast their grand father.