Happiness

Have you ever met someone that just made you feel happy?

That their presence just filled you with excitement or joy. And even though they hate their laugh or their smile you love it. You realize all their small mannerisms like maybe the way they look down when they're nervous or the way they throw their head back when they're laughing to hard.

Even though they don't think they're beautiful you do. Because even if they don't have pretty eyes, or soft hair, or a cute noes, it's their eyes, their hair, and their noes so to you it's already perfect.

And when they smile at you or playfully hit your arm you feel a rush of adrenaline, like you just got off a roller coaster.

Everything about them to you is beautiful.

And maybe they don't feel the same way back...

and you start doubting yourself.

You feel as if you're drowning because you love them so much yet they will never feel the same. You feel like they will never see the same beauty that you see in them in you.

And it destroys you every time you think about them because you think about all the things you'll never have with them.

You think about how they'll eventually abandon you and move on. And they won't be the one who sits for hours wondering where they went wrong.

Because that'll be you. You'll be the one to wonder why they never loved you like you loved them. You'll try to fix stuff about yourself in hope that maybe, just maybe you still have a chance.

But you don't.

And that's why a lot of people build walls around themselves. Because they know how it feels to be heartbroken.

There's a reason why they call it falling in love.

It's because there's a risk of whether the person will catch you or not.

And when they don't...

expect it hurt.