1

For a moment it freezes. Time. Just for a split second I think of the chances for this to have become real, and it did. Some months before I was in my home in Carolina, practicing piano to perform at various parties, unrestfully trying to help my parents in any aspect and way that I could. I was just a 5 back then. In my small world I couldn't think of any other future without singing and Aspen, who I used to date, who I knew for sure I would marry. Now, I am laying in the roof of the castle besides Maxon. Castle. That sounds stiff; I think I can call it my home now, too. Maxon takes my hand and I smile at him. His face so familiar now.  The northern rebels aren't a threat any more. They never were actually, their goals were the same as those of many people in Ilea. They, like us, knew Ilea was broken with the castes treating people unfairly and under a big lie. We are still planning a way to get rid of this system and it will soon happen. The southerns still attack, although much less than they used to before. When I'm next to Maxon, I feel no fear, knowing that he will always put me before himself, that he could reach for the sky and grab the stars for me if he could. "You never taught me how to tell the color of the stars." I tell him. He turns to me and makes a small smile, the ones that make me feel like nothing on earth can tear us apart, that nothing could ever happen to me as long as I am with him. "I will, someday, when I have the time to." He answers. "So, I think I have to wait a lot then, I am estimating sometime after the southern rebel's name is no longer known by anyone in Ilea." I say jokingly. He laughs, and winks at me "You are close, maybe when I cook you the best steak you'd ever eat." "So never?" I say. "You don't think I will cook you someday?" he looks at me and grins, staring into my lips and kissing me deeply before I could answer. I move apart. "Oh I do, I just know you'll burn the kitchen and anything you cooked before I could eat anything at all." "Yeah?" "Yeah." He kisses me again and I put my arms around his neck and lay my head in the floor. A guard comes in and tells Maxon and I that it is getting late. "Must I remind you, my king, that the rebels could-" "Yes, Andrew, I understand." He stands up, offers me his hand and I take it. He covers his right arm around my back and laces his fingers with mine with his other one. We walk towards our room and just before entering he kisses me once more on my head. I put on my robe, throw myself into the sheets and kiss him goodnight. And then, I'm asleep.