| 7 | Arrangments |

| Madison Cloud |

Last night I ended up falling asleep rather quickly. The gravity of everything that I had gone through finally hit me, also finally eating something and taking a warm bath did the trick. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light again.

Now, if I were in any other state of mind, I don't think I would have been able to sleep. I woke up around 9:30 in the morning but didn't move a muscle. I just laid there. The room was still dark; I kept the curtain closed as I stared up at the ceiling. How naïve am I to think that running away from my family, my friends, from my problems was going to help me in any way?

Eventually, I got up and made my way to the adjoined bathroom. Once I was clean and dressed in a simple white t-shirt and black jeans, they had left with me last night, I walked over to the window. I could see some pack members going about their business, kids playing around back. I couldn't really leave the room until someone came to get me, so maybe I should start contemplating what I'm going to do with myself.

Minutes flew by with me just there, thinking, contemplating, observing. It was almost eleven o'clock when the door opened. I looked up to see the blonde guy from yesterday, James. He stands at the door and stares at me before speaking. "The Alpha wants to see you." was all he said. I stared at him and gave him a small nod before following him without a word.

Quietly, I walked behind him down a couple of stairs and down some hallways until we reached a double door. Opening the door, I saw Alpha Emmett Reedom sitting behind a wooden desk. Leaning against the bookshelf to the right was the other boy from yesterday whose name is escaping me.

"Madison, good morning." He says as the doors close behind me, "please, sit." I stay eerily quiet, not sure of what's going to happen next.

"Don't be afraid. The guys and I talked about it last night and decided that what happens next will depend on you." I look up at him and tilt my head slightly in confusion. "We've decided that you are no threat to the pack, and we are willing to either send you back to your respected pack or allow you to join this one. But that all depends on the information you give us."

I looked at them. Would they really let me join? I cleared my throat. "Nothing to the extent of kidnapping happened or my pack being attacked. Like I said last night, I didn't mean to trespass on your land. I ran away from my pack. I didn't intend on getting this far. I took rest on a cargo train and I passed out. When I woke up the train was moving and I didn't recognize my surroundings. I jumped off and ended up falling down a slope, colliding with a tree before passing out. This time when I came to, it was dark out. I was wandering through the woods, but I just kept going in circles until you all found me." I told them. Everyone was quiet.

Clearing my throat once more than I looked out the window. "I turned sixteen about three months ago and I hadn't shifted yet until recently, I guess, according to you. Another reason was my mate. He rejected me. I couldn't take the pain and the disappointment — and the threatening — so I ran..."

"Rejected, uh, if he were to see you now, he'd probably change his mind." James mumbles from behind me. I turn to look at him, only for him to look away and join the other member, Kevin, on the side.

I turned back to the Alpha when he clears his throat. "I'm not judging or anything, but you decided to leave your pack because you were rejected?" I look down at my lap and clenched my hands. Taking a deep breath, I look back at him.

"Yes. I was rejected, but I was also bullied and secluded. My parents were never around and the only person who really cared for me was my older brother. I realize that running away wasn't the bravest or smartest idea, and like I said before, I didn't intend to appear here so far away from my home, but I think this is a sign. In the long run, if you allow me to stay, maybe something good will happen. Maybe this could be my fresh start."