Chapter one

Gru surveys the scene in front of him. Yep its time. He grabs a menacing, looking weapon, pulls the trigger, and. . . out comes a unicorn balloon! He puts it next to the other ones l lining, the windowsill, and smiles, knowing they look just perfect for Agnes sixth birthday party.

Not long after, the party is in full swing. The yard is decorated with balloons, and streamers, along with a big bouncy house, shaped like a castle. But this is no regular, party with boring games. This is a party thrown by Gru!

In one corner, two little girls fish in a small, kiddie pool. One of the girls get a bite and happily pulls up a toy fish. . . until a real life, piranha jumps out and eats the fish! In another part of the yard, a boy and a girl sword fight. The boy does a bunch of fancy moves, but the girl is not impressed. She's waits patiently for him to finish showing off, then pounds, him with a club.

Agnes goes down a slide a giant grin on her face. "This is the best party EVER!" she declares. Her friends are dressed as duchesses and countesses, while Agnes, is dressed as a princess riding a unicorn which is her favorite animal, in the whole entire world!

Meanwhile, Edith is dressed as a ninja. She climbs across the monkey bars, just as a bunch of boxing gloves and blades shoot up from below. She avoids them with skill and ease. She then jumps to the ground, narrowly avoiding a bear trap. "Ha-Ha! Yeah!" She exclaims.

Just then, Agnes, runs into the middle of the yard and screams, "Oh no! A dragon is approaching!"

All the kids turn to see Gru's pet dressed as a dragon. His name is kyle, and he has long, spiky, teeth. Kyle is not thrilled to play the part of the dragon, and grumbles, causing the kids to scream and huddle around Agnes.

Then Agnes older sister, Margo, comes out dressed as Joan of Arc. She is wearing a suit of armor and carrying a mighty sword. "Fear not," announces Margo. "For here come the gallant knights!" She gestures to a group of minions wearing tiny suits of armor, and holding different medieval weapons. The kids cheer as the minions, charge toward Kyle. But minion, one accidentally pokes another with his sword. A spiked mace hits another minion. A fight breaks out, and soon the minions are fighting one another, rather than Kyle, the dragon.

Meanwhile, Gru is busy grilling burgers by the barbecue and taking on his cell phone. "No no no!" He screams, into the phone. "What do you mean she's not coming?" I have a backyard gull of these little girls who are counting on a visit from a fairy princess!" He listens for a minute and then says, "I don't want a refund! I want a fairy princess. Please I am begging you!"
But the person on the other end of the line still says no.

Gru's voice gets low and he says, "you know what? I hope you can sleep at night, you crusher of little girls dreams!" He hangs up with a huff and turns to see Agnes standing in front of him.
"Ooh ooh! When's the fairy princess coming?" She asks expectantly.

Gru stares down at Agnes large large excited eyes, he opens his mouth to tell her the truth but he just can't do it. "Any minute now!" He says instead.

"Yayyyyy!" Agnes squeals with excitement and gallops off. A worried look crosses Gru's face. "What am I going to do?" He thinks. He spots two minions and instructs them to keep the children entertained for a few minutes. The minions get right to work, directing the kids to sit in a semicircle on the grass. Then the minions dress up as magicians and ask Edith be their assistant. One minion blows up a balloon and puts it in Edith's mouth. Then the other pulls out a chain, saw and heads straight for her! Luckily, Margo is there to intervene. "Whoa whoa! Okay all right." That's enough of the magic show!"