1:Set Yourself On Fire

A girl, whose age couldn't be older than fifteen, walked across the stage. She wasn't someone your gaze could just skip over. Ram horns sticking were out of her head like a scarlet letter. Her waist long dark chocolate hair fell down on her back like a veil. Her blunt bangs hovered right above her eyes making her eyebrows look nonexistent. Her eyes, like emeralds, scanned the crowd. Looking for a sign. Looking for a face. 

"Keren." The older boy behind her whispered in her ear. Keren froze staring at the audience. Her eyes the size of dinner plates. "Keren?" He repeated. The whispers in the crowd seemed louder than thunder. Keren knew what they were saying. It was about her horns. It was about the strange little girl standing on the stage. It wasn't as if the town didn't already know about her. The small town of Brent has an outstanding population of one thousand fifty-seven people. Everyone knew about the strange young girl with obsidian colored ram horns. Strange things happened around her. She always kept to herself. Rumors always spread that she is a satanist. No one knew what she did in the house that she and the boy had all to herself. They feared her. It was all about her horns. 

"Keren?!" The boy said again. His voice dripped with concern and alert. She stood still like a statue. Her hand were shaking uncontrollably by her side. Her eyes like rain clouds before it rains. She couldn't sing. She couldn't find her voice. A plug was stuck in her vocal cords. Her eyes broke and let down a waterfall of tears as she ran off the stage. She ran out to the garden filled with white roses and one pear tree stood tall in the center. Vines covered the fence guarding the garden and the brick wall behind the it. 

Keren crouched at the base of the blooming tree and buried her face in her hands. Footsteps softly crunched the grass. "Jay," Keren sniffed. Her voice soaked with a country accent. The boy, Jay, knelt beside her. His hair jet black almost matched Keren's horns. "I'm sorry."

There was a still silence between them where the only sounds was the birds singing and the trees rustling in the gentle wind. "Did you know that bigots are ten times more likely to die early?" 

Keren giggled uncontrollably. "Want to see a new trick?" She asked. A smirk lit up her face as her eyes danced with mirth. 

"Sure." Jay shrugged. Keren's fingers were suddenly engulfed by dancing purple flames. She picked a bear blossom with her free hand and dropped it over her fiery fingers and watched as it hovered over her fingers with the sides burning slowly and when all that was left was the yellow it turned into thin air. Jay watched in awe. He regained himself. "Don't set yourself on fire now." His blue eyes held brotherly love in its depths. 

"I don't plan on it." Keren said with a smirk. Jay stood up offering Keren his hand. Keren made a fist making the purple fire go out before taking his hand letting him help her to her feet. They walked hand in hand, like a big brother with their little sister, towards home.