A Short Story

once upon a time. . . Was a man named Derrick. He had owned a bakery shop , Mr. Sweet's, that ran a total three years before bankruptcy.

    CLING, POP, RAAAAANG went the cash register as I opened it.

No money.

RUMBLE CREEK went the heavy vault door as I dragged it open.

No money...

TICK went my bank account...

No freaking money!

Derrick had took business education for only two years before he dropped out to pursue his career.

Derrick was an impatient man who was more than beyond ready to pursue his career in the business and management field.

Running. I'm running!

A bullet whirred close past his head, then another. But the only thing that hit him was fear.

Th-The robbers! They're gaining!

Derrick gasped as he and the robbers ran, he then pulled up in an alleyway between an old bakery and a small department store for old fashioned dresses , Cinderella's Pretty In Pink Dresses $4 and under!. The store practically would smell bankruptcy in it's future, Derrick thought.

The robbers continued their direction down the dark and long street shooting random and aimless bullets, for they did not know Derrick's new hiding place.

He looked in the directions of both of the store's side doors, 

Freddy's Old fashioned Bakery

His focus was taken by the red sign that draped over the top half of the metallic door to a side entrance of ,Freddy's Old Fashioned Bakery.

Good ol' FOFB, Unlocked? That's new.

He tried the door knob and opened it. A dark and cold storage area now exposed to the warm moonlight.

With the door left open to give him light (For he did not know nor did not care where the light switch was) so he could creep about the misty room.

Boxes of supplies, metal carts of spices

Sugar, salt, cinnamon.

and a recipe booklet.

He opened the front flap of the booklet to find a folded up piece of flimsy paper.

He unfolded it and found a list of ingredients with directions to make an infamous Freddy's sugar pizza.

My bankruptcy solved!

Just then the sound of combat boots clicked near the entrance of the door.

CLICK POP went a loading gun...