Chapter 1

My mom is more famous than ever. Even more famous than she intended to be. To explain things as simply as possible, the world had been through the largest war ever. Oddly enough it was not the largest in deaths but every country was involved one way or another. Some more involved than others. The USA had been laying low during the war until The UK noticed and tried to take over. The UK had been a monarchy at the time but it was a very fair one and not much with their government had changed. We, the US, ended up under their monarchy. Five years later the US had broken away from the United Kingdoms rule and was under its own rule again but the government was so weak it was hardly functional. It stayed like that for 10 more years with no major tragedies. And the results of the war were still being cleared up for all 10 of those years with a few battles in between. Once the war had truly ended nothing much had changed everyone's government was a little shaky but most countries only used constitutional monarchy, democracy, monarchy and socialism. So for the most part every country took a turn for the better, which is why this war is now one of the greatest events in world history. Here is where the weird part comes in. America hadn't had an actual government system going after they broke away from the British rule. America was a strange place without its democracy but when we had a democracy again it felt even stranger. We knew we still wanted all the freedoms of the Constitution and everything else we had before the war, but we also wanted something almost to look forward to I guess. It's hard to explain but it's kind of like how before the war everyone was always excited to hear about the Royal family in England and we didn't even live there. It was just like a thing of public appeal. Similar to how people liked to hear news and watch shows with major celebrities like the Kardashians, even today most people keep up with their lives. The public couldn't let go of the monarchy that they'd been accustom to for approximately 15 years. Over the next 2 years America developed a new government system called Democratic Monarchy. It's similar to constitutional monarchy but it's basically just the same as the representative democracy we used to have but in Democratic Monarchy the royals are there for ceremonial reasons. So it's like a combination of Representative Democracy and Constitutional Monarchy. And all of that happened over the course of almost 20 years and it's also been what most Americans that are in school have been talking about in history class, which is why I'm so educated on the subject. This is all we learned so this is all I know but it's had a huge impact on what my family and friend's life is becoming.