Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Six years ago....

"Dinner is ready, nerd." Luke snapped. I was fifteen and yes I was considered a 'nerd'. I had the thick rimmed glasses, the braces and I was quiet and self conscious; I talked to no one, mostly because I had no friends. My best friends were the text books I was reading and the Calculator laying beside me.

I had four brothers...Yes four. I had two older brothers they were twins but they were as different as night and day. Xavier who had dark black hair and pale blue eyes was popular at the shcool we went to, and Zane who had blonde hair and pale green emerald eyes, he was popular too; then my fourteen year old brothers in grade nine who were already as popular as Xavier and Zane; Brandon and Luke, my two younger brothers looked exactly alike.

And me?

Platinum Blonde hair, my eyes were grey with black splotches here and there, and I had really pale skin because I didn't go outside to the beach or to play sports. In fact, I was quite clumsy, I was a strange wolf, yes I am a wolf. Everyone in this world is. I live in a world where it's just wolves. We get attacks from the vampires all the time. I was a pureblood wolf, that was born into a strong family. That didn't mean I was strong though.

I got up closing my science textbook and walking downstairs. I folded my arms covering myself. Even though I was in an over sized sweater and jeans; not skinny jeans they reveal too many curves.

I sat in the chair pushing up my glasses.

"Can you do my homework?" Brandon asked.

"No." I answered dryly.

"God. You have a gift for nerd-ism and you can't do me a favour?" He asked.

"Aubbrie." My mother said looking at me. My mother thought that it was my duty to help my brothers' with their homework. By "help" I mean do it for them. She said the Gods gave me a gift of being good at school and I should use it wisely.

"Fine. What homework is it?" I said quietly.

"English, you read a lot of books. Just summarize one for me."

"Nerd pass the salad." Zane said. I didn't say anything about him calling me a 'nerd'. My family didn't care for me, I was pushed aside. I handed him the salad;

"Your sister has a name." Someone said. I knew that voice anywhere.

"Hi dad." I smiled turning.

"Princess." He said kissing my head.

"Boys." He adressed smirking.

"Sup' dad?" Brandon asked. My dad ruffled his hair as he sat down. He kissed my mom quickly before putting food on his plate.

"I am as hungry as a wolf." He said. My dad made his lame jokes like that. They always made me smile though.

"So, what did you all do today?" He asked.

"I went on the field trip thing to the science centre and there was a hot girl there..." Luke said looking into space, I rolled my eyes and slightly shook my head.

"Good job bro, number?" Zane asked.

"Of course." Luke responded smirking holding a folded piece of paper.

"Any real things..." My father asked changing the subject; he was annoyed at the boys' usual girl banter at the dinner table.

"Nothing involving school. Sports yes...girls yes." Brandon smirked.

"Hopefully you have something to talk about, Aubs?" My dad called me Aubs all the time.

"Well in AP Scince I studied the theory of Alcehmy and tomorrow we are doing a lab to see if the theory is true. I scored one hundred points for English AR points; the test where you have to read a certain number of books. I also got back my Calculus unit test and in AP History I learned about the first ever Wolf created." I explained.

"Nerd." Zane coughed, I rolled my eyes trying to ignore the comment he made, but in reality it did bother me when my brothers made fun of me for being smart.

"Zane." My father warned.

"Bro, I didn't even know there was advance placement history." Brandon said.

"What did you get on your test?"My dad asked.

"Ninety eight percent. I forgot to add one more zero on my answer." I explained.

"See? At least we know one of our kids is going somewhere." He said to my mom who just gave a small smile.

"One hundred english points? I only have like...half a point." Xavier laughed I just kept looking down. I met no one's eyes at the table only my fathers. After dinner, Brandon got stuck cleaning up. It was friday night so we all watched a movie downstairs.

"Watcha lookin' at?" Luke said plopping on the couch next to me.

"AP science." I said flipping through pages.

"Nerd..." He sighed under his breath. My parents were in the other room talking as we all sat out here.

"Are you seriously going to study during the movie?" Zane asked nudging me with his foot.

"Yes." I answered.

"I swear. This is why you do not have friends, bro." He said, I glared angrily at him feeling something snap within me. Did he just say that to his little and only sister?

"Excuse me?" I asked again.

"Aubbrie I know you don't have friends. In fact everyone knows." He said fast forwarding the commercial ads.

"And like you do?" I asked.

"Aubbrie, the whole school loves me."

"Really, Zane? Or is it because they like you because you have the face everyone wants. Do they share the same interests with you? Just because the guys there like girls doesn't mean they will be your best friends forever. Every guy likes girls. Unless they are gay." I said.

"Someone's jealous." He scoffed. He knew I was right.

"Sure. I want every girl and guy crawling over me and trying to get into my skin. I'd rather eat Deadra." I snarled getting up. Deadra was a wolf killer. A couple bites and it would clog up your lungs and you'd suffocate to death. I got up closing my book and walked upstairs.

"Aubs?" My dad called.

"Yea?" I asked pausing in front of my door.

"Come here." He said.

"Okay..." I called. I sighed and threw my book on my bed and made my way back downstairs. I sat on the couch by my parents as Zane waited to start the movie.

"Look at this." He said. I opened up the photo album and saw two toddlers. One boy and one a girl. They were playing together and they looked fairly happy.

"That's me and some kid who looks familiar."

"That is Caleb Danvers...do you remember him?" He asked.

"Caleb? Yea he moved away. He was like my best friend." I said flipping through more of the pictures.

"And he was also your husband." My mother said. As she said that I was drinking water and I choked on it. I coughed a bit and stared at her.

"What?" I coughed.

"It was an early arrangement the council members said it was a good idea for both members of the greatest packs to join together and make a stronger pack. And all the girls in Danvers' pack are mated there was only two boys left and you and Kaleb were very good friends so we got you married early." She explained.

"Have you both lost your minds? What gave you the desire to do this?"

"It was a complicated decision but now with two of the strongest packs joining together a new stronger pack will be formed and then we can end the war with the vampires...permanently." My dad said.

"So you expect me to marry some guy who I haven't seen since I was nine and all of a sudden be happy?"

"Jeeze I feel bad for the guy." Zane said. I frowned and stood up and threw the photo album at him and went upstairs.

"Zane." My father sighed.

"What?"

"Keep your comments to yourself."