Chapter 4 - A New Home

Two days past and they finally made it to their new home. Their new home was huge it had several caves leading to new bigger caves. "Alright pick a den to sleep in. Kota you stay with with me." Melody said "This place is huge!" Kaitou said as he ran into the tunnels. Kaitou found a small open spot where he could look down at Kota and Melody. He watched Kota and Melody get ready to sleep. Seth and Moon found a cave with a waterfall inside. The cave was filled with blue and white crystals. "We can sleep here." Moon said "Okay." Seth said "Well get some sleep." She said "Were going hunting in the morning while Kaitou and Melody figure out what they are going to do." "With what?" Seth asked "I don't know. But they said that they have been planning something for a while and they will announce it tomorrow afternoon." "Oh." Seth said as he laid down on the side of the waterfall. "Night." He said "Night." Moon replied as she closed her eyes.

Kaitou opened his eyes looking around. "Morning already?" He whispered. He looked down through the opening and saw Melody and Kota still asleep. Kaitou stretched and walked into a tunnel heading towards Moon and Seth's cave. "Psst." He said "Moon! Seth!" Moon opened her eyes and looked down. "What?" She said as she yawned "Lets go." "Hunting?" She asked "Yeah wake up Seth and meet me outside." Kaitou said as he walked back into the tunnels. "Seth! Wake up!" Moon said "Huh?" "Hunting!" She said "Oh yeah." "Hurry." Moon said as she jumped down from the ledge. "I'm coming." He said as he followed her into the tunnels and out of the den.

"Alright so moon is asleep and i want to surprise her when she wakes up." Kaitou said "So where will we be hunting?" Moon asked "I saw some hunting areas on the way up here." Kaitou said "Follow me." He said as he ran down the hill. Once they arrived in the forest Kaitou showed them where several rabbit holes were. "I...don't know how to hunt." Seth said "Alright watch." Kaitou said as he waited for a rabbit to climb out of its home. A rabbit peeked his head out of the hole to look for food. Once he saw Kaitou standing there he started to go back in his hole. Kaitou caught it with his teeth before it could get out of reach inside the hole. Kaitou threw it up in the air while it was still alive and as it fell he grabbed it with his teeth and killed the rabbit. "Here." He said as he dropped it by their feet. "Where did you learn to hunt like that?" Moon asked "Melody taught me." He said "Oh thats why you were sneaking off." She said "Think you can try Seth?" Kaitou asked "Ill try." He said as he waited for a rabbit. "Once you see it attack." Kaitou said. Seth waited for one to come out and once one did Seth jumped at it too late. The rabbit jumped out of its hole and ran off into the woods. "I got it." Moon said as she started to chase after it. "Ill teach you more tomorrow." Kaitou said "Okay." Seth said as he wiped off the dirt from his face. "Here lets take this back to the den." Kaitou said "Wait!" Moon aid as she ran towards Kaitou carrying the rabbit. "Nice!" Kaitou said "Now we have enough for all of us." 

Kaitou, Moon, and Seth walked back to he den carrying their food. Once they walked inside they crawled through the tunnels to get to the den where Melody and Kota where sleeping. "Hey." Kaitou said "Melody." He whispered. Melody started to wake up. "What?" She whispered "Look." Kaitou said as he looked at the food they caught. "You guys went hunting?" Melody asked "Yeah....Did you want to come?" Kaitou asked "Uhh...No." She said "I was going to stay here and watch Kota. He didn't get much sleep last night." She said as she looked at Kota who was still asleep. "You hungry?" Kaitou asked "A little...just jet half over there." She said "Okay..." He said as he ripped half off and sat it next to her. "You feeling okay?" Kaitou asked. Melody smiled and looked up at him "I'm feeling perfect." She said as she laid her tail around Kota trying to keep him warm. "Were going to eat." Moon said as her and Seth walked out carrying the rabbit. Kaitou laid next to Melody. "I know somethings wrong." He said "What is it?" "I just cant stop thinking about my dad...i never got to say goodbye." She said "I know...im so sorry." Kaitou said "I couldn't save my dad but...Kota...Kota i can save and protect." She said. Melody yawned and started to close her eyes again. She fell asleep next to Kota and Kaitou. Kaitou smiled and laid next to them. "I love you." He said as he looked at them sleeping.