Chapter 23

Ben's P.O.V

A month has pasted ever since Jane attacked Jeff. He's been doing fine, but wouldn't take bed rest seriously, so we had to lock him in his room. I laughed my head off when we did, he was pissed as usual. I've noticed Masky and Jewel have been hanging out a lot lately. Even though I don't approve of this, I trust Jewel enough to make the right decisions. I don't really blame Masky for having a crush on her, I mean look at her, who doesn't? But if Masky even tries to take her, I'll mess his face up so bad, that he'll have to wear a mask for life. I'm kinda surprised of my new found of hatred for Masky. He's a good guy and all, but I know he can be a back stabbing liar too, if your not too careful with him.

I woke up bright and early this morning, as unusual as it sounds, I'm more of a night person, but I can't really sleep well if I decide to. I keep having these occurring nightmares if I do. Waking up in the crack a dawn, drenched in sweat, endless days of restlessness I call it. So I just simply not sleep at all. And if I do, I know the consequences.

I know nobody was awake at this hour, so I went down stairs, into the first floor hallway. As I walked down, I peered into Sally's room. She was playing with her dolls... Well, if you call stabbing them with a large kitchen knife playing, then yes she is. I decided to not bother her and walk down into the third to last door. Jewels room.

I creeped into the dark purple room. I noticed that she and the bed was covered in dry blood, as usual. Ever since that incident with Jane, she's been more comfortable with killing a human. I've even let her go out by herself one night, but I've been noticing a scary increase of her blood lust. Hopefully she'll not turn out as another Jeff.

She was laying on her side, peacefully asleep. I decided to surprise Jewel. So I walked slowly to her bed, and snuck into it, laying right beside her in the large bed. The blood didn't bother me at all, I mean, I am a killer.

I waited and waited in her bed for Jewel to wake up, but she never did. I realized that I was going to sleep as well. Before I could stop myself, I fell into the dark.

~ Ben's Dream world ~

I'm running. In a maze combined of trees, bushes, and darkness. Blindly swerving, trying to find my way out. Why am I running? I don't know. I just have a strong tugging sensation, letting my mind lead me. Something caught my foot as I looked down. Falling into a wide open field, just like the one close to the house, but it wasn't there. It was bright fully lit. I carefully brushed myself off and looked around, I saw someone in the field.

Confused, I approached the person with a hint of curiosity. The closer I got, the more it looked like Jewel. She was sobbing. On her knees, bending down a little. I couldn't see her face, she was covering it with her hands. Red liquid dripping out of them. There was someone else too. She was bending over the body, blocking it from my view. There was blood everywhere.

I walked a little bit closer, but when I did, my head bumped into something. I pressed my hands on the invisible fortress. I hit the wall with my fist, didn't break. I felt for any entrance, nothing. Jewel was trapped in there like a wild animal.

"Jewel!" I finally shouted, she stopped crying. I looked at her hopefully, she stood up slowly and turned around. She was staring at the ground, hair dropped over her face, she muttered something that I couldn't make out.

"J-Jewel?" I stuttered, she looked up, somehow I was struck with fear. Her face was shredded into pieces, filled with anger, hatred, and tears. She clinched a knife in her fists and stepped closer, the blood dripping from her cheeks,

"YOU DID THIS TO ME!" She screamed angrily, then her voice softened into a loud whisper, "I shouldn't have trusted you."

"W-what do you mean?! What did I do?!" I yelled, sadness bellowed inside me as she turned around and walked away. The darkness surrounded her as she disappeared into the shadows. I looked down at the body, it was covered in a small yellow blanket. Blood stained the fleece, making a brownish color fade into it.