Chapter Two: Drama with a cheerleader and An Accident

Chapter 2: Drama with a cheerleader and an accident

I smiled as I walked outside in my running shorts and my tennis shoes and a tank top. I looked around seeing other people running and jumping hurtles and doing the long jump.

"Atlanta. You need to stretch and get to the line. You are running at the up coming track meet." said my coach.

"Alright coach Cooper." I said as I jogged over to the lone and stretched.

When I was done stretching I got down in the starting position and listened for the gun shot that signaled for me to go. It got quiet for a few minutes. The cheerleaders who had been sitting on the bleachers and giggling over the soccer players got quiet. The soccer players even got quiet. I smiled as I heard the shot and took off.

I smiled as I ran and saw the cheerleaders exspressions of shock. I could see a smile forming on the soccer players faces. I shook my head as I reached the halfway mark. When I got about fifty feet from the finish line everything seemed to go in slow motion. My coach smiled as she looked at the timer. The team captins of soccer teams whispered in each others ear. The head cheerleader glared at me with hatred.

Just like a ruber band being stretched and then released everything snapped back into motion and I crossed the finish line. I smiled as I slowed down and then turned and wlalked to my coach. I put my hands on my head as I slowed my heart rate and caught my breath.

"You broke the school record Atlanta. One minute exactly. The record for the Hundred meter dash was one minute and ten seconds." Coach Cooper smiled

I smiled and looked over my shoulder at the soccer team. They all had shocked faces as they heard what my coach said. I winked at the captins and then turned back to my coach who chuckled.

"Go get dressed and go home." Coach Cooper said as she turned and looked at the people doing the long jump.

I smiled and turned walking towards the dressing room. When I got to the door I was stopped by the head cheerleader, Mia.

"What do you want Mia." I said glaring at her.

"You need to leave Danny alone." She said pointing to one of the boys I had winked at.

"I was just messing around Mia. Shesh don't get your thong in a twist." I said as I pushed passed her.

I heard her let out a huff and whisper. "Your gonna get it Atlanta, so watch your back."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Mia and Danny were a couple that broke up once or twice every week. Danny had talked to me a few times and everytime he did she would threaten me. She never did anything though.

I sighed as I went into the shower room and turned on the water. I undressed and stepped into the hot water and smiled. When I was done washing my body and hair I shut off the water and grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. I sighed as I turned and walked towards my locker and then grabbed my cloths and went and changed.

When I was done getting dressed I walked back to my locker and tossed the towel in grabbed my phone and my backpack and slammed it shut. I bent down and tied my shoes after putting them on and then straightened up and sighed looking down at my phone and walked out of the locker room.

"Hurry Al! It may be friday and you have nothing to do but I have a party to attend." My brother yelled

"Shut up! I'm coming!" I yelled back still looking at my phone.

It was quiet for a few seconds before my brother yelled again this time more paniced and frantic.

"Al! Hurry! Run! Behind you!" He yelled loudly

I frowned in confusion and looked up and then looked behind me. I let out an ear piercing scream as I dropped my backpack and my phone and took off running. I turned my head to the front and looked at my brother. His face was contorted into fear and panic. I opened my mouth to say something but I was muted out by a loud bang.

I continued until all of a sudden a pain burst into my back and neck and I let out a scream and fell to my knees. I could hear my brother calling my name but I couldn't focus enough to pay attention to what he was saying. I looked up and whimpered as I saw a black figure running away from us and then the soccer team and my coach running towards us.

"Al!? Al you will be okay. Stay awake." My brother said as he caught me as I began to fall to the ground

"T-trevor?" I whimpered as I let out another scream and then everything went black but not before I saw Danny kneeling by my brother and looking at me his face mirroring my brother and coaches.

Horror, fear, panic, sadness.