Chapter 4 Pop's guitar

We teleported back to the warehouse tired but happy, it was a long day after all. "Ah,what a day!" I said as walked out of the teleporter. "You said itSam! Fighting the Fangs, saved a girl." remained Nicky pointing to me."She became a mage, had her first mission." Jose said patting my shoulder. "All in one night! Amazing right?" as Micky gave me a nuggie,"Anyway who wants some soda pop!"he shouted. "I'll take Coke." said Nicky, "Pass me a Coke too!"I shouted. "Root beer over here!" Jose said as we all sat on the sofas. Micky came and handed each of us our drinks, "Hey Sam you should take off you robe since your resting."Micky said as he sat with Jose. "Thanks Micky."I stood up and started to untie my robe, "Wait Sam don't take off your robe here!" Nicky said as she hided my body from Micky and Jose."Micky what the hell you perv, you know new witches don't wear anything under their robes the first time!" "Wait what!" looking and saw I had nothing on. "Your clothes must be in my room with me being the only girl in the group."turning me around and walked with me to her room. I walked in and her room was like a Japanese dojo with the wood and paper walls, wood floors and a flag of London on the back wall. "Come on Sam change before Micky comes." as Nicky started to change herself. "I've seen that before." I whispered as I saw a necklace around her neck. "What this thing?" she asked, I nodded "This was a parting gift from a friend in London." looking at it with a sad look. I looked at it and it was a nice necklace, a six sided silver snowflake with a blue crystal in the middle. "it's pretty, but my question is where did you get those earbuds and iPod from?" Nicky asked. It was a birthday present from my father. He was the lead guitarist and singer in a band called Hell Fire in the 1980's." I said with a bit of sadness in my voice."My grandfather has some old cd's of him, want to go listen to some?"I asked. "Yeah such, let's tell the boy's we're leaving first ok?"Nicky said walking out of her room. "We're going out!" shouted Nicky, "Ok!"Micky shouted back from somewhere else. We took the teleporter and appeared in an old building. "We're close to his shop, it's just down the block." I shouted. "Ok, lead the way Sam." waving to the door. We walked out the building and I felt I haven't been here in ages. "I can't believe all that stuff happened in one night." I said in awe. "Ya, we can go 3-5 missions a night." Nicky said as we walked. "I was walking down this street last night when Jake tried to kill me." looking down the alley that it happened in. "We would have seen it or at least me" Nicky said, "Why is that?" I asked."This is of part of my territory, I look after Brooklyn and the thin strip of Queens." Nicky said as she looked around."Is this it?" Nicky whispered pointing to a shop across the street."Ya, that's it!" as I looked at the sign. It was a old shop from the 1980's called Beats and Sound, coming here brings so many memories."Come on" running towards the door. Inside I found my grandpa were he always is,by the records."Hey grandpa!" I shouted,"Sam, how's my pumpkin?" he asked giving me a hug.He had a short beard, grey hair and tall."I see you bring Nicky with you, what did she do?" he asked with a teasing sigh."Nothing Frank, she wanted to show me a cd of a band." looking at me to finish."The one of daddy's band grandpa can you play it?" I asked doing my best puppy face. He laughed "Sure, nothing like old school Rock&Roll to lift the sprite."doing the rock &roll sign as he got the cd off his desk.He put it in the stereo and their hit song came on.All of a sudden I felt lightheaded, "Sam you ok?" asked Nicky. I fell before I could answer,and I went into some dream state.
FLASHBACK

I was seven, no I just turned seven.It was my brithday! "Here Sam this is your last gift." someone said as they handed me a box. The guy had a light tan and brown hair, I could not see his face. The box was the size of a phone with a tag saying "Happy birthday from mom and dad". "It ok honey open it!" said a woman walking toward the guy. She had black hair and a nice tan, I opened the box to have my gift. I found a small black mp3 player with S.C carved in the back." It has all the new and cool songs in this time along with some oldies like my band." The guy said smiling at me. "Thanks daddy!" I said giving him a hug, then I felt something drop on my neck. "Here's my gift sweetheart." The woman said kissing my cheek. I looked down and saw a set of blue earbuds around my neck, "Thanks mom!" giving her a hug. "This is the best birthday ever!" I shouted as I rocked out to one of daddy's songs. "Sam!" someone said, "Who said that" I asked looking around to see who called me, then a fuzzy figure was in the sky. "Sam!" it shouted at me, I closed my eyes and counted to ten. "SAM!" it screamed right in my skull and I woke up and yelled.

REALITY

I put my hand to my head to try and stop the pain, "How long was I out?" I asked. "Only a minute or two" said Nicky, "I took you in back to rest." as she looked at the room. I looked and saw a bed, a table and chair, and a bookshelf on the back wall, this is grandpa's break room I thought. "How's my Sammy doing?" grandpa asked coming in with a cup of tea. "I'm fine and thanks for the tea." I said before taking a sip of it. He took a seat next to me, "You know I have dad's guitar here?" he said looking at me. "Where grandpa?" taking his hand and asking like a three year old. "Look in the bookshelf dear." He whispered to me, I got up and walked over to it. I started to look at book covers until I found a book called "Drako" in mage writing. I took the book off the shelf and the bookshelf started to turn into the wall. Then in a glass case I saw this wicked guitar, its body and neck were blood red. One side of the body was curved like an axe blade and the other side was straight like a sword. The guitar had six strings on the bridge tied to the headstock. The headstock itself was super cool because it was the skull of a baby dragon. "That is your father's weapon Dragon Killer, but better known as Drako." Grandpa said walking over to me. "It's a magical battle axe right?" I asked, "Yes, the six strings are made by the hair and stuff of the six element beasts. I looked at the guitar in awe, even in the case I could feel the demonic and magical power so much it gave me goosebumps. "Do you know how it was made grandpa?" I asked still staring at the guitar, "No, but your father would because he has Lóng shāshǒu's soul inside him." saying this with pride. "Hey Sam we should get back to the warehouse." Nicky said looking at the clock, sadly I put the book back and the case turned into the wall. I made a vow to find my father and bust him out of jail, "You look so much like your mother." My grandpa whispered. "I need to use the bathroom." I said as I locked the door and looked in the mirror. I had straight black hair going down to my shoulder, and brown eyes. I took the mp3 player out and looked at it, "What year was that?" I asked myself. I did not know "Just another reason to find and rescue my dad." I whispered. After we said our goodbyes we started walking to the teleporter, I asked Nicky "When will I be able to go demon mode on this monsters?" "Well with you power so high not long." Said Nicky, "You can start coming with us around the world on missions now." Giving me a thumbs up." Nice, let's get back so I can start!" I shouted running inside the teleporter. I wouldn't see grandpa again for five week but not before almost dying to the grim Reaper, travel the globe and learn a terrible true I did not want to know. "Goodbye New York and hello the world!" throwing a peace sign before getting zipped to the warehouse.