2.

You looked at his face, his eyes have bleakly opened, and you don't recognize him from anywhere. You don't remember saying your name to him as well. Ekaanshi, is indeed your name, but you can't place from where he knew that.

"I am Ekaanshi." You answered, a frown marring your forehead, and a weak smile adorns his face. You blush. You simply do, because he looks that good even in the weak posture. His hair is gelled, and hand brushed after that. Noticing his phone lying beside, you quickly take it and pass it to him as he sits up a bit. 

"I know you are." The answer comes from him. You simply nod.

"You can keep the bottle if you want to, I h-have to run to office." You have no idea why you stuttered there suddenly. That's not something that you usually do! Not at all. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry for the trouble. Must be dehydration." He sighed, and gets up shaking his head a bit, and brushing himself off the dust. And that's when you notice that your dress has been ruined with dust too. You quickly brush it off, and go to the car, driving away. You don't turn back to look at his way, because you are restraining yourself.

The whole day, his thoughts bug you. You even had forgotten to ask him of his name!

"Damn." You whisper to yourself.

The next day however, turns out well. The opposition political party has declared a strike, and you are in no mood to go to office and risking the car you have brought with your hard earned money. The government won't pay for the damage - if there is any - nor will the insurance companies because they are clearly mentioned in the legal pact.

Surprisingly, he is there downstairs today as well. At his usual place. You have no idea at what time he goes away. He does go away though, specially in the afternoons. Sometimes he appears again in the evenings, and vanishes again within hours. You have no idea what he actually does, and why he is so loaded with money yet stands in a moderately rich society block, looking at his phone precisely. Moreover, you don't know why he knows your name.

Still wearing the track pants, and your usual washed shirt you wear at home, you walk downstairs as the slipper makes squeaking sounds. 

"I hope you brought your own water today." You speak, as he stares at his phone. Upon hearing your voice, he looks up at you and smiles.

"Yes, I did." He nods, and takes something out of the carrier. Its your water bottle that you had given him the day before.

"Oh. You brought it."

"Yes, well, thank you for it." He scratches his neck.

"What's your name? I never asked you." You smiled a bit. It was still morning, and some people give you weird glances as you stand and talk to him. Specially the people who stay at your block. You simply choose to ignore them.

"Dushyant." He answers with a smile.

You nod again. There is nothing else to say, so you ask something stupid, "You weren't bruised yesterday or anything right? I mean, I had to run to work...and..." Before you can finish, he cuts your sentence off.

"Got a little cut," He chuckles showing his elbow, and the cut which did not really seem 'little', "Buts that's not a big deal."

"Yea, okay." You nod, and quip a little 'bye' and go back into you room. Somehow you can't get him out of your head, and that day, for the whole day almost, he stands there, or sits on the nearby shop. He disappears for a few hours in the afternoon, but he is back by dusk, and takes his place.

You can't help wondering if he is a someone from the anti-social groups or not. You can't help wonder what he does, and why he stands there for the whole time. What you don't get is, how he even knows you name, because for you he is one mere stranger who stands by your apartment, and someone you had once helped the last day.

*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*

Hey Guys! How are you all? I'm good. Have a nice time!

VOTE and COMMENT! Hope you like it.

Loads of Watermelon to you, because Summers are here and Mangoes are yet to come. 😂

Dee 😘