Active

Ry groaned in frustration, turning on her Macbook. Looking down, she glanced at her keyboard, realizing the cons of eating and typing. Reminded herself to clean it later, she searched her spotlight, ti'll she found the app she was looking for. Pleased, she straightened her slightly tilted glasses, and clicked it.

Popping up, she quickly scanned through her contacts, but frowned slightly, realizing the others were not yet on. After about a minute of frowning at the condition of her keyboard, her smile brightened, seeing a notification pop up on the group her best friend nicknamed, 'Weeb Chat'.

Ry personally wasn't fond of being labeled  a 'weeb', and took more kindly to being known as an Otaku. Never less, she went along with it since Hunter, bless his heart, preferred them to go by that as a group.

'Guess 'weeb' is easier to play around with than 'otaku. Tragic,'' Ry muttered reluctantly, but her mood shifted once the familiar ring of a call came up. Barely containing herself, she accepted the call, and smirked slightly at seeing Hunter and Andrew already arguing, throwing insults that  would result in a different rating.

After five minutes, the two stopped yelling at each other, Andrew deciding it was no use. Hunter smiled in triumph, and his expression brightened once seeing Ry.

''Ryberry! You're here!''

''Of course she's here, you added her,'' Andrew deadpanned, earning a look of resentment in return. Ry smiled good naturally at the two, and pulled out a journal. Another sound came from her computer, and she looked up to see Jake pop up.

''S'up fam.''

''Su'p a-''

''Language!'' Ry snapped, resulting in Andrew raising an eyebrow. Hunter studied her for a second, confused, but decided it was Ry being Ry.

''Umm..since when did we not use profanity.You use it more than anyone else,''Andrew addressed. Ry rolled her eyes.

''Well,this time it's a different circumstance.''

''What circumstance.''

''Just shut up and trust me on this okay?''

Andrew was about to retort, only to be met by the sudden arrival of Rachel popping up, who already raised an eyebrow.

''Andrew, what did we all discuss Saturday?''

''Gee, nice to see you too.''

''Answer me.''

Andrew gave her a half glare, but sighed.

''When it comes to Ry's blatant inferences, it's best not to argue.''

''Exactly.''

''Owned.As always,'' Hunter taunted. Andrew gave him a look, but didn't say anything. 

Suddenly, a loud noise came from Ry's side, causing everyone to jump. Ry giggled lightly, making Jake uncomfortable.

''What the-''

''Language!''

S-''

''Lalalalala!''

''Forget it.''

''What was that?'' Hunter asked curiously. Ry just giggled some more, and a had a hint of a mad gleam in her eye.

''Classified information.''

''Subtle reference.''

''I try.''

''Because you're Ry,'' Andrew said with a smile. Ry looked at him with an emotionless expression. Jake slowly turned his attention to the now confused teen.

''What was that?''

''Umm...a joke?''

Everyone stayed silent for a moment, then decided to turn their attentions to their individual computer screens. Another crash was heard, causing Hunter to crease his eyebrows in worry.

''Ry,you sure everything's alright?''

''Yep, just ignore it.''

From the corner of her eye, Rachel saw something being thrown to the other side of the hallway through Ry's open door. Rachel studied the short headed strawberry brunette for a minute.

''What did you do?''

''Nothing.''

''I'm coming over there,'' Hunter said, grabbing his car keys. Ry frowned while Andrew rolled his eyes.

''Seriously, I still have my sword in my closet.''

''What did I tell you about bringing creatures from the underworld into your house?''

''It's not from the Underworld! It's from the forest!''

''Which region?''

''...Hectatiad.''

''I'm coming over. What creature?''

''I'm not gonna let you kill it!''

''Ry, it's burning a hole through your hallway.''

''It's just drooling.''

''What creature is it?''

''....Pyrotaur...''

''Lock your bedroom  door, I'm coming over.''

Ry glared at Hunter as he grabbed a satchel, and shut his computer, hence leaving the chat. Rachel scratched her auburn hair awkwardly, and after a minute, did the same. Jake and Andrew shared a look, reaching a mutual agreement, and logged off. Ry pouted, but brightened at the fact Hunter was coming over, and shut her computer.

A/N: So, I probably should have mentioned there are mythical elements to this story, but you're not complaining so....thumbs up? Anyway, second chapter should be posted not too soon. Reviews are welcome,  constructive criticism is appreciated.