Prologue

Present

Cherbin let me see his house since I am planning to built my own. Our own. We are on a five months relationship now and he maybe courted me for a short span of time but we weren't the old teens back then. We wanted to be each one's future. Now, we're planning to combine our ideas since he is an engineer of his own.

The exterior structure of his house is very unique and impressive. It's like a modern structure in the outside but it feels home and cozy in the inside. The exterior color is a simple matted black and white. It's impressive that he is also very hands-on to the tiny details like the type and color of the painting of the exterior walls of the house. You would've think that he is living on his own. A bachelor in a huge home.

I was deeply fascinated how the furnitures was majestically combined. I touched the long wooden table of his dining room. This is beyond beautiful. The strong smell of the wood that gives a nostalgic feel. It isn't new anymore, as he said to me earlier but this looks like a newly furnished table. All chairs are like of an emperor size, except that it is made and colored of a wood. Between brown and yellow.

Adjacent to the dining room is a large frame of The Last Supper which reminded me of my parent's mansion in the province.

He was about to impress me on cooking his version of my Baked Angus Beef with Asparagus on the side however, we were interrupted by a sudden ding-dong on his house. He told me that he'll just check it and will be right back and help myself and check the house.

He also has a thing with wines. He displays his collection of old empty wines beside the six-seater countertop bar. Empty wine bottles of Chardonnay, Jin Beam, Cabernet Sauvignon and Sauvignon Blanc.

I proceeded on checking the couch and coffee table beside it. The couch is a long half moon type. I sat on it and I instantly felt like a little mushroom in the middle. It's very huge. Maybe, twenty people sitting together could fit on it. The coffee table is like an aquarium-type. Nothing is sitting on top of it but you can see through it that it has alive small fishes. I try to touch the side of it and the small fish was startled and began swirling on the other side. Cute.

Adjacent on the side of the living room is a long table with digital frames. It's funny how a handsome bachelor is very sentimental when it comes to pictures. There were old photos of him as a child transitioning to his present time. Another one is a picture of his parents when they were young until a picture of him together on this time. The last picture made my brows furrowed. I know for a fact that he's an only child however, there's a picture flashing on the screen of an infant. Seems like a newborn baby. The pictures flashing was only three. The next one is a toddler. A cute lil boy holding a ball with a reversed cap on his head. He had a huge smile plastered on his face peeking his cute dimples on the side. The last picture flashed got me startled, it was a picture of Cherbin holding the lil boy on his arms. They have the same shirt, same cap, same pose and same huge smile.

"C-cherbin? Who is this little boy here?" There wasn't a hint of smile in my face.

Umalis sandali si Cherbin para i-check kung sino ang nag-doorbell sa bahay niya. And now, he's back.

"Fran.. I-I would explain..." there was a hint of shock, nervousness, uneasiness on his voice.

Suddenly, a little boy peeked on the side of his leg. He looked at me and then slowly, a small smile crept on his face.

My hands instantly flew on my mouth. I couldn't fathom for words. This has been too much to take.

"Dada!" The boy looked at Cherbin then to me.

Cherbin nervously swallowed a lump on his throat and then looked at me. Still, no words coming out of his mouth.

"Are you my mommy?" The little boy slowly raised his left hand and pointed to my face.

Disappointed from this scene, I hurriedly stand up. I felt like I instantly do not belong here.

"Sorry." This was my last word to Cherbin and hurriedly find the way out. Out of his house.

Out of his life.

----------

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author's imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or deceased, is purely coincidental.

______________

A/N: This is an on-going story way back 2015; thus, I decided to continue this story today, year, 2020. This is also on a working progress. Some scenes may change from time to time, please bare with me.

Thanks.