Terrible Things

"Why do you think I want him?" I ask, feeling my cheeks turn crimson.

"It's obvious.." Matt says, smiling still.

Curse him and his adorable smile.

I bit my bottom lip, trying to hold back the truth but I couldn't. I wanted to explode.

So I did.

"Fuck. I've liked him for years. I've always wanted there to be an us, I've tried telling him and dropping hints. I like him a lot.." I say.

He had a confused look on his face.

"Shane." He says, looking at the door.

I turn around and see Shane standing in the doorway, his face was pale and he was clenching his teeth.

"Shane.. No.." I try to say but he shakes his head and walks out of the door.

I stand up and walk out, choking back tears and shaking.

"Rach.." I heard my name.

"Leave me alone." I say to whoever it was.

"Talk to me."

It was Brian.

I felt him grab my wrist gently, tightening his grip when I tried to keep waking.

"Come on." He insists, pulling me to his room.

I was to weak to put up any type of fight, so I let him drag me.

He shut his door and proceeded to lock it while I stood there like a lost puppy.

"Are you okay?" He asks, turning around and looking me in the eye.

I shook my head, taking a seat on his bed. He sat next to me.

"Who hurt you." He used his index finger to wipe away a few tears.

"It's nothing.. Just people are stupid and then I like someone and then Shane hears.." I stutter, trying to talk clearly but talking over myself.

Brian had a look of confusion, like he was trying to make sense of what happened, and his face lit up.

"Shane's a total douche." He says.

I just shake my head again, tears escaping.

Brian embraces me into a hug, holding me very close while I cried into his chest.

"It'll be okay. I promise." He promises me.

"No it won't. Shane hates me, and now everybody hates me.. And-" I got to say but get cut off.

Brian was kissing me. His soft lips met mine and he had my cheek cupped in his right hand.

And I was kissing him back too.

He pulls away, his cheeks looking like they've been slapped lightly and a smirk on his face.

"I gotta go." I say, standing up and leaving his room.

What the fuck did I just do?