Chapter 1: American Pie

(Listen to the song, It fits into the story)
Tony's P.O.V.
Pepper just broken up with me....over text. TEXT. So now I'm at the bar, alone, on a Tuesday. She took my damn scotch. I take another sip and stare at the empty glass. The bartender refills it. I just keep drinking. Why though? What did I do wrong? What did I do? After awhile a person sits down next to me, and takes my scotch. "You look live you've had enough Stark." I look up and see Steve sitting on my right, his left arm extended as far as possible, with my scotch. "I'm just tipsy, just give it back." He shakes his head and downs it, then gags. "This is gross, how do you drink this so much?" He sets down the empty glass, "now what are you doing at the bar on a Tuesday?" I grumble a little and roll my eyes, "none of your damn buisness." He motions for the bartender not to refill the glass and turns towards me, "language. Now tell me what you're doing here on a Tuesday?" I prop myself up on the bar and chuckle. "Uh....no." He rolls his eyes and massages his temples, "tell me, and it better be good." Why is he being so persistent. "Fine." I grumble and tell him, and he looks like he's actually pitying me. "You get one more glass, then I'm taking you back home." I harrumph as another glass is passed to me. "Thanks." I grumble at him as I take sips out of the glass and he just sits there, "so you're gonna get nothin Steve?"

He nods and takes the glass from me. "That's enough, lets go." He grabs me by the arm and leads me out. "But what YOU doin at a bar on a Tuesday?" He points to an apartment across the street, "I live there, I was taking a walk and saw you obviously drunk so I came inside." I nod and he jumps in the driver's seat of my car. "So you can drive?" He nods and starts driving me and I hear a song on the radio and start singing. "So ThE gOOD Old boys aRe drINkin' WhiSKY and RyE singin' tHiS'll BE thE DAAAY THAT I DIE!" He laughs and I glance over at him, "what's so funny?" He rolls his eyes at me, "you're a singing drunk, plus I recorded it and I'm going to show it to everyone." I cross my arms in defense, "you wouldn't Steve! I wasn't singin' I was hummin'. So you can shaddup." He chuckles and taps the steering wheel. "I can and I will. But how would I know what song you were singing?" I frown and start humming along to a song until he reaches the stark tower. "Thanks Cap'n" I climb out of the car. "No problem, it's easier that just watching you get into an accident on my front door." I smile as he walks away.

•The Next Day•

I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache. What happened last night? I look at my phone and there's a video from Steve of me singing like an idiot in the car. It had a caption that read: "I figured out how to send videos! See you were singing though." I chuckle and set down my phone due to a flash of pain in my head. "Ahg!" I moan and stumble into the bathroom to throw up. Fuck you Pepper. I sit down in the kitchen and get a cup of coffee, deleting Pepper's number from my phone along the way. I check and there is absolutely no scotch. Why did she take all the damn scotch? I check my schedule quickly and I have some paperwork and that's it. Thank god for once I picked a god day to get drunk. I just lounge around until the hangover goes away. Then my phone goes of with a text from Pepper: "Ha ha I have your scotch." I angrily set down my coffee cup and reply. "Stop texting this number, I am not in the mood for you." She persistently keeps texting me so I block her contact. After I finish the amount of paperwork I have to do until I get an alert that someone is in the elevator. I set down my cup and wait for whoever it is to get here. It's Steve, "Hey Stark. The bartender gave me this last night." He digs around in his pocket and tosses me my wallet. "I was looking for this, thanks." He waves goodbye and steps back in. After awhile of just trying to get the hangover to be gone, I decide to work on my suits.

Steve's P.O.V.

I go for a walk after returning Starks wallet during the bustling Wednesday afternoon, and I find myself  humming the song that he was singing last night. Even though I only knew that one bit. Tony is really weird when he's drunk. But seriously, why would Pepper do that? I could see taking his scotch because he's basically married to his scotch. But dumping him afterwards? That's just cruel. But what would she do with all of that scotch? Have a party or something? Why do I care at all anyways? I keep walking until I reach the apartment I was renting. There's still a few things that I don't understand about technology, so I'll have to ask him about that another time. I don't really do much when the world isn't ending or anything. So I just sit and read, like I do all the time. But whatever, reading is reading. But after awhile I just stare out the window. Maybe I should go for a run or something. I stand up from my chair and quickly start running through the busy sidewalks of New York, because why not. After awhile I realize that my sketchbook is in my hand. Why do I keep thinking about Tony? I decided to sit down, close my eyes and sketch a little. When I open my eyes and look down at my booklet, it's a detailed sketch of tony singing in his car last night. Why did I just draw a picture of him? Think about something else Steve! I close my notebook and sigh. I look up and see the Stark tower in standing out from the mess of skyscrapers. Damn it Stark. I keep walking until my phone rings, and it's Stark. I sigh and somehow answer it.