Transition Day

Ugh, here I go. Check hair, yep, eyebrows, yep, BO, shit blurgh.
"Mia, hurry up Sally's here"
"Yes Mother" I reply rolling my eyes.
"Now Mia" she snaps sticking her head into my room, her face changes to one of horror, "Mia Allan this room is atrocious".
"Yeah cya mum, love you" I say before running out the door.
"Hey Mia" Lyla says before embracing me.
" Hey Lyl" I say "Are you excited?"
She gulps and looks at me "I'm a bit nervous".
I laugh and put an arm around her "As long as we're in the same class, nothing can go wrong" I said confidently.

"Hello, Senior students!" Mrs. Snyder announced "Welcome to Henley High". She inclined her head towards the board hanging above her "Up here you will find your classes, first is 8 Lywitcha 1, here is your class please follow Mr. Dale to your new class" I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw none of Layla or I's names on the board meaning we might still be together "Second 8 Mitchell 2, if your name is on the board please exit the hall with Mrs. Lonet" I scanned through the names to find my other good friend, Evie's, name on the board. Well that a pity I would've liked to be in her class. Holy Shit, Layla's names on that board as well, quick where's mine, Mia, Mia, Mia, a sob builds in my throat, I'm not on the board.
"Cya Mia" Layla says quietly before leaving the room with Evie by her side.
"Cya Lyl" I said to myself as I sat on the cold wooden floor waiting to find out whom was in my class for the next two years, class by class went by until finally I saw my name on the board, ALLAN Mia. I look through the rest of the names to see a few I recognise, shit. They're girls from my old school, here is a quick run down on them, bitchy and unpopular. Great, not only am I without Layla I'm in the shittiest class imaginable.

"Mia" Ms. B shouted across the class, her Bosnian accent clearly rang through the words.
"Here" I muttered, misfortune seemed to follow me, you know how I said this class was shitty, yeah well it got worse, it's like 50% retards, seriously, like the guy next to me have been picking his nose for the last 10 minutes, oh wow, now he's got a nice large booger on his finger, and how fascinating he's now eating it, blurgh. I moan and smack my head on the table.
"Mia, are you alright?" Mrs. B asks.
" Yep all good" I say recovering from my dramatic show. I hear a giggle from behind me and turn to see a curios blonde laughing at me, she pulls her seat up next to me.
"Hey, I'm Alice" she says shyly.
"Mia" I say nodding my head.
"So, did you get put with any of your friends from Junior School?" She asks obviously noticing my loneliness.
"Well, nah" I laugh to myself "More like the ones I dislike from my Junior School"
"Oh that doesn't sound very fun" she points out.
"Just joyful" I say sarcastically. Class dragged on, after what felt like hours the lunch bell went, I trundled around the yard, looking high and low for, Layla and Evie. Before I found them, the bell went. I walked back to class head down, only to walk straight into a randoms back.
"Sorry" I say gruffly as I looked up, to be met with a pair of deep green eyes.
"No worries" he said winking before walking off in the opposite direction.

The rest of the day went like that, little depressed me wondered around like a lost soul, hating this foreign place. But there was one good part of the day, rrrrriiinnnggg, the bell screeched, I let out a sigh of relief, yes done. I should've gone to St. Joseph's, instead of this shithole, but no, I chose to go to a sports school for Hockey, now I'm the only Hockey girl to not be in Mitchell, Lyla and Evie got in Mitchell, why couldn't I.

I ran to my mums silhouette, desperate for some comfort. "Hey sweetie how was it?"
"It was awful, I'm all by myself" I say trying to withstand a sob.
"Hello Michelle" Sally shouts from across the carpark.
"Oh hello Sally" my mum says distractedly.
"I heard that Mia didn't get put in Layla, or Evie's, class" Sally said.
"Yes, I was about to go and talk to one of the teachers about that" Mum said sending me a wink.
"Okay, I'd go and talk to Trevor Cibich about that, he's the Hockey Co-Ordinator" Sally offers.
"Thank you Mum" I say affectionately giving her a kiss on the cheek before she walks over to Mr. Cibich.
"I really hope you can move into our class, it is quite good" Layla mutters.
"Yeah, I hope I can move to" I reply sadly. "My class isn't that good and I can barely understand my teacher".
"What wrong with your teacher?" Sally asks
"Nothing's wrong with her, she's Bosnian" I say "So it's difficult to understand her accent" I reply. Just then my mum arrives back,
"Okay, Mia, let's go they'll get back to us soon" mum says.
I nod, knowing that she sincerely hoped I could move class.

Beep-beep, "Mum, phones ringing" i say from the back seat.
"Yes dear I can hear it I'm only a metre away from you" mum says rolling her eyes.
"Hello, this is Michelle speaking" she answers the phone chirpily "Yes, I am Mia's mother" after a few minutes she pulls over the car.
"Mum, what's wrong?" She holds her finger up at me, shushing me.
"Yes, I understand, that would be great" Mum continues a smile on her face.
I huff, why can't I listen to "Okay I'll ask her" mum says I look at her in surprise.
She puts the phone in her lap "Yeah..." I say.
"They are thinking of moving you" she says seriously and I jump out of my seat. "But-" I shrivel back down " But, they may not be able to, as it might upset your fellow classmates" mum finishes.
"But, mum-" I complain
"No buts, I'm about to talk to Ms. Snyder, so you need to hop out of the car" mum says. I look at her with concern. "I'll be back in a tic" she says before speeding off, leaving me on the sidewalks of a random street.

10 minutes later I'm still standing on the sidewalk, waiting, waiting, still waiting. What on Earth is taking her so long, I felt sick to my stomach this could change the next two years of my life. Blurgh, I feel sick with anticipation. Beep-beep, I jump out of my sick before turning to see mums car has pulled up beside me, a sad look on her face, oh shit. I trudge towards the car and hop in "Mum" I ask sadly.
"They changed your class" she says sadly and I feel myself breaking up inside. Wait a second they said they changed my class, I look at mum to she she is silently laughing at me.
"Mum, thankyou so much, I hate you" I said in tears partly because she scared me so much, and because I get to move classes. Woohoo! Mitchell here I come!