Beautiful things (2)

××November in the year before××

Your first trip to London was peaceful, but your family was worrying about you, and suddenly your luggage was lost.

Things were getting frustrating because your phone was blowing up. Your parents wouldn't stop calling you, even on the plane... -_-
You had to shut your phone off for the remaining ride.

Now your feet are planted to the ground, like they should be and you're on the phone with your dad.

"So you enjoyed your flight?" He asks.

"Yes it was very peaceful and no turbulence." You reply.

"You're on land and you're safe?" He asks with concern.

You laugh a little, "oh gosh, Yes dad, Im safe on our beautiful mother earth. Why?"

"Well I just need to know my daughter is safe. Now what happened to your luggage again?"

You roll your eyes and repeat what happened to your things,"They lost my luggage during unloading. They are trying to find it right now." As you said that a flight attendant walks up to you with your luggage in hand. A bright (f/c) suitcase with tiny (f/a)'s scattered all over it rolls across the floor with its tiny wheels. You smile brightly and mouth a 'thank you' to the woman.

"Why are you suddenly quiet? (Y/N)?" Your dad asks confused. You just shake your head with a laugh.

"I have my luggage now. I love you, I got to go." You make haste to the exit.

"Call me before you go to bed. Ok?"

"Ok! Fine, Love you! Bye." You end the call so he can't ask you anymore questions. Then you sigh making a mental note to call him and head out the door. The snow crunches under your feet as you walk to the edge of the sidewalk outside. Hand raised you call a taxi.

A small old style taxi, one of those Austin FX4's, pulls up next to you.

"Where to ma'am?" The driver asks as you slide into the vehicle.

You pull a piece of paper from your bag and hand it to him after getting in. "There please."

He nods, handing the page back to you. You watch thrugh the window watching all the buildings fly by. It fascinated you being in a totally different country. Being the crazy tourist you are, on the to way your destination you take a new picture every three buildings. In the end you take a video of everything you see on the way.

The London Eye, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and more.

The taxi then pulls into some neighborhoods, you look around seeing a few childrens parks. Then the driver stops. You look to your right to see a three-storie flat. "This is the place. Now that'll be..."

"Heres a €50. And keep the change." You say stepping out.

"Why, thank you very much ma'am." He says with an excited look. You just smile at the man in response and go to the back of the car to grab your luggage. The taxi drives away. You wheel your things up to the front door slipping a few times on the ice outside.

You raise your hand to knock on the door but, you stop. You debate in your head whether its a good idea or not.

'Phil did say just knock or call when I get here but,' you think outloud.