After my 17th Birthday

EVA
*swip*

Books of different kinds of sizes and shapes were scattered everywhere— on the floor, tables, and chairs. I've been in staying in a quiet and eerie library for some time. There were a few people reading novels, newspapers, and such. I, for one, was not fond of reading current events since most of the time, it was usually about negativity.

Borrowing books had been my everyday hobby. It made me feel relaxed. Then after reading some, I had a feeling inside me that I wanted to have more stories to read on.

Before, reading books had never been my favorite hobby. Somehow, it just became my hobby all of a sudden. Maybe it was because I was influenced that it'll make a person's imagination greater than a normal person would usually have. I

One Saturday afternoon, I was addicted to reading the deep words I read from a novel I've read that I decided to write about different things like dark subjects and happy ones.

"But these chemicals moving between us..." The lyric from 5 Second of Summer's Jet Black Heart struck me too hard whenever I listened to it every time I wrote.

Love stories and romantic novels are definitely not my thing. It somehow pissed me off that I just wanted to be stuck in a world full of darkness. I'm really the person who would never be able to get a boyfriend, no, a husband.

_____

"Eva Bella!" My tutor shouted as he goes towards me. I turned around and he said, "You need to come with me."

Ugh, there he goes again. Being kind to me again.

My tutor, Winston, was five years older than me. He was the only childhood friend I had. We've known each other for as long as I can remember. It was quite ironical that I had met Winston when my older brother died. Since then, he had been always there for me at times like when I would run away as a child from my parents. He would be there by my side just like an older brother.

My older brother had been my hero before he passed away because of an accident. But deep within me I know he's still alive somewhere.

I'm actually just around seventeen. I've only ever had a small number of happy experiences my whole life. I'd always thought that Winston was like my hero and my older brother. I was wrong, he was more than that. I realized my true feelings when I was fifteen.

I know that he doesn't know about what I feel towards him. I decided to keep it buried within my heart when I turned sixteen.

——

These past few years, I've been dreaming about a guy who had blonde hair and enrapturing green eyes. In my dreams, he would save me from falling from a building, a very tall tree, and anything that had a tall height.

It was quite weird and awkward at the same time. It was really unusual to be able to have a dream like this one. After my seventeenth birthday, it just started to be stuck in my mind.

After everything, I decided to find the answer for this. I was ready to find him.

--End

----------------------------------
Author's Note | Well, there you see it. That's the first chapter itself! And for your information guys, its my first time writing something like this. Sorry if its kinda short...will you guys ever forgive me? q w q Prologue will be posted soon!

IG & Twitter | @kieshastaana
Mini Acknowledgement | edited by tobbias cover by me
(c) 2016 All Rights Reserved