Reunited

I couldn't breathe. I was just too shocked to do anything. I cautiously hugged the guy enveloping me back. I was not so sure if this is him because it would be impossible. It is utterly impossible for your imaginary friend to come to life! 

It has been so long since I last thought of him. I never spoke to him anymore. I just knew his presence was just always there. Then slowly, a year ago, he disappeared, and I didn't know where he went. i used to wonder, hurt a bit thinking he left me, and guilty for barely even greeting him when he was there. I started to believe that he was just a person I used to imagine to draw, not someone I grew up with and someone who became my best friend. I clung to him tightly now. I could feel his heart was pounding as fast as mine. I just noticed that everyone was silent and staring at us. I heard him silently laugh against my hair in relief. I turned my head around without letting go to look at Rose beside me. She sat there mouth opened and completely still as she sat there in shock. Everyone was either swooning or frozen in shock. Everyone was apparently in shock. I slowly and gently pushed myself away. He was still looking at me like he couldn't believe I war real. I should be the one thinking that since he was the one who was imaginary until now!!! He was taking in every detail of my face. My green eyes met with his brown ones and I could see my reflection in them. My long wavy brown was more beautiful in his eyes, he seemed to look at me as if I was glowing. I turned away from his stare because it was becoming too much for me. Confusion was finally seeping into my brain. I was suddenly aware that I might have been hugging a random person. The impossibility of my imaginary friend coming to life finally fully registered in my brain. I looked straight at my teacher as I grabbed his hand ans started to pull him out the door. "Excuse us for a moment please." I told Ms. Hall silently. The shock in my system hasn't fully gone away. She just slightly nodded. Not knowing what to do. Everyone turned around to watch me drag the guy out the classroom. 

I successfully led him to a corner before he tackled me again. "Woah woah dude! Calm down" I hesitantly tried to pull away from him, with no suck luck. I was trying to get some space to think, but his hold on me was utterly distracting. I oddly knew the feeling to be in his arms. It was warm and comfortable. I remembered this feeling when I'm alone and sad, when I'm just peacefully watching a movie, even when I feel happy and content in myself as I drew in my room.  It bothered me a bit, since what if I was just telling myself this just because I so badly want my best friend to be real. "I can't believe it's you." He said shakily against my hair. I finally successfully pulled myself back. He looked at me with a bit of hurt, but tried to hide it. I couldn't stand the look on his face with his brows adorably furrowed and] his mouth formed a pout. "What's your name?" I asked him. He looked like I was asking such an obvious question. As if ,I, of all people, should know his name. "Chase" he replied in his deep gentle voice. I gasped, but quickly cleared my throat. "And who do you think I am?" I asked. He smiled at that, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. "You're my Lilah. My best friend." he said as he moved closer to me, towering over me. I was convinced it was him, as no one, no one, called me Lilah. only Chase. Not even my parents. But I refused to believed that he was true.His soft hands gently grazed my cheek as he pushed back a strand of my hair affectionately. I shied away from his touch. He suddenly looked confused and hurt, and a realization dawned on him. "You don't believe it's me huh?" He asked me as he placed is hand back to his side. "I-I don't know what to think." I quickly replied. He stared pacing, deep in thought of thinking about a way he could convince me. I placed my hands on my hips as I asked "Tell me something only the Chase I know would know." He stopped pacing and smirked as he confidently walked towards me. He leaned close until his face was leveled with mine. I saw amusement in his eyes. He whispered to me "When you were seven, you used to run around your room dancing with your Ken doll. Then I chucked it out the window and told you that he got lost when you were playing outside." I gasped. I'm doing a lot of gasping today. He started laughing silently.

"How should I believe you? Maybe you're jut a stalker."

"Lilah, we're the same age. I couldn't be a stalker at seven."

"Never doubt a born stalker. They could start at any age."

He sighed. Then, a mischievous grin spread across his face. Gosh, even that expression looked familiar to me. "You wear Pikachu boxer shorts to sleep."

"You perv!" I motioned to slap him, but he caught my hand. "What?! It's not my fault you choose to ignore me" He said with hurt in his eyes. His teasing tone,gone. He dropped my hand and averted his eyes. Guilt washed over me as I watched him awkwardly rub his arm. He avoided my eyes, not wanting me to see the obvious hurt in his eyes. I couldn't take it any longer. "Hey,look, I believe you. I'm sorry." I motioned towards him. I  lifted his chin to look at me. I smiled at him, and his expression softened. I grabbed him to me. He stiffened for a bit, but gave up and pulled me tightly to him to the point that he lifted me up and started to spin around. I giggled in delight. "I missed you too." I told him genuinely. He put me down but still grabbed hold of my arms. "My turn to ask the questions... Who am I to you again?" he asked. "You're my best friend. My Chase. With me forever"

 With me forever"