Chapter 2

He stared at the figure outside of the window, unable to walk away. He slowly got up and walked towards the window, as if attracted to the figure somehow. It couldn't have been Pyrrha, he'd thought, but the thought was nailed down in his mind. After a good few minutes of staring straight at the figure, he backed away from the window that he was pressed up against. He sighed, standing up straight, closing his eyes for a quick second, taking a deep breath. After opening his eyes again, He had a determined look in his eyes. He walked to his bedroom, changed out of his clothes and changed into a scarlet cloak, to block out the cold air. He looked back outside the window, to see if she was still underneath the tree, or if it was just a hallucination. He smiled at the sight of the figure, still under the tree, still waiting for him, it seemed, to come to her. 

He smiled at the thought, not knowing why. He had no idea who the stranger under the tree even was.  Even though the figure seemed to have red bangs, it could be anyone, no matter how badly he wanted it to be Pyrrha. Because if it was her, it would mean everything that happened to her, and to him, was all just a dream. But that was just wishful thinking, of something that was unlikely to happen, he realized with a sigh as his gaze shifted to the ground.

As he approached the tree, and the figure standing under it's protective canopy of falling leaves, he smiled softly. "Hello? Who's there?" He called out into the white abyss. 

No answer.

Jaune sighed, feeling defeated. Just as he turned to make his way back towards the house, the figure turned towards him. His eyes lit up as he saw a small sparkle come from under the shadowy protection of the person's hood. He slowly turned back towards the figure, and made his way over, his pace quickening with each second until, without realizing it, he was running, the chilly wind lifting his hair and pulling it back softly. he smiled as the figure took a hand out from under the cloak and brought it up to the hood, softly holding the end as if it were about to pull it down. This is it... He smiled softly, the grin spreading across his face as time went on. As he got to be ten feet away from it, the figure pulled down the hood, the shadows being replaced by features, and colors. He instantly stopped in his tracks, almost falling over. His eyes widened as he saw who the figure was. 

Pyrrha.