Chapter 2

Joy's P.O.V

I finally came out of the bathroom. Walking and scratching my head at the same time. Drew smirked at me then went back to fixing breakfast. I came out wearing his oversized Bob Marley shirt and my pink underwear. I sat down at the counter and began to smile at him.

" Good morning!" I said.

" Morning, babe." He replied. He put the plate of food in front of me then leaned over for a good morning smooch. His lips felt so warm and soft. I just wanted to melt. His lips curled up and so did mines. He came around the counter and joined me to eat breakfast.

" I was thinking that we should go to the beach today. We haven't been spending time together lately. Is something wrong?" He swollowed down a gulp of orange juice.

My stomach turned. I feel so guilty for not telling him what's going on. I wasn't going to answer, but his earthly-blue eyes were telling me that he is really worried. Oh God, what am I going to say? I have to go home so I can pack. The secret is that I'm moving back to New York. See, my parents recently got back together but my dad lives in New York. My mom always talks about how she misses New York so... I guess this is her chance. But I have to spend more time with Drew before I leave.

" Nothing's wrong. I'm fine , but yeah I think going to the beach is a great idea."  the guilt flipped over in my stomach. I tried faking a smile to convince him. It seemed to work. " Great!" Drew said.

After breakfast I called my mom to tell her that I was hanging out with Drew today. By the tone in her voice I could tell she was mad, but she understood that I had to spend time with him before I left for NY. I hung up the phone and went straight to the bedroom. I found Drew struggling to find something. He already took his shower and got dressed. Did I really talk to my mom on the phone for that long?

"Have you seen my keys? I can't find them."  Drew asked me.

"Yea, they're on the counter in the kitchen."

"Oh, Thanks. See, what would I do with out you?" He kissed me on my cheek and walked out the room.  That made me feel even more guilty. I looked at myself in the mirror, just thinking of all the good times we had together. All the memories we shared just going down the drain. Positive thoughts wasn't even in my head at this point. "Ok, you're just going to tell him and get it over with. Just stick with the plan. STICK WITH THE PLAN."  I was talking to myself. This felt like a dream I never want to have ever again.

I went to take a quick shower to get ready for the beach. It was about 12:00 by now. That shower was the most relaxing thing I've had all day. Just me, myself, and I. Once I got out , I dried up and changed into the lavender bikini Drew gave me. Lavenders my favorite color and it matches the mood I'm in most of the time. I gathered all the things Drew and I would need for our romantic afternoon. While I was doing that, Drew was waiting for me in the car. I trying to hurry so he would think I was stalling for something.