Meet The Devil

Harry's P.O.V

"Brother."

"Samael."

"Do not call me that," It's a shame how they do not get how repulsive that name is to me now. "I go by the name Harry now, if you do not mind."

"Very well then. Harry, how are you?" John questions.

"Why is it that when you visit everything slows down. Are you afraid of being seen by these.... humans?" He doesn't respond, just stares blankly at me.

"I reckon it was an order from Father then; to keep you a mystery?"

"It's a choice, Harold."

"HAR- Harry, John, Harry."

"You can't blame me, Harry. You have changed your name at least 6 times this month. What was your name last week?" Oh John, why are you so nosy.

"John." I respond.

"Yes?" blimey.

"I meant 'John', was my name last week." He stares at me wide-eyed as if I have taken another soul for fun.

"See Harry. You claim that you are on vacation. But by the looks of it, these humans are clearly throwing you under the bus. You have had multiple offenses and Father called me to talk to you about toning it down a little bit."

"These 'offenses' that you speak of is likely true. But, what is Lucifer without a proper offense greeting." He just doesn't get it.

"Meaning?" Here we go again. I stand up and pace around the room slowly. I look at him and look away immediately. I seem to be bothered by his presence yet again. Every time John visits, I get all jumpy because I know that Father sent him; and when Father sends you, it's definitely not a good sign.

"Isn't that why Father sent me to guard the underworld? Because I sinned so deeply? You should not reprimand me for sinning because it is what I am known for, brother. You should not reprimand me for sinning because I am in charge of that. I burn people in hell for a living! I've been through so much already so I don't need to be reprimanded by you."

"I know that Samael, I-"

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT!" Glass shattered on the floor as I threw the vase aside in anger. I have never felt so ashamed. John's frightened face was quickly replaced with a calm one. He sat up so stiffly that it made the couch look three times bigger. He stood up and walked in my direction.

"I am not here to reprimand you, Harry. I am here to warn you. Without you in the underworld, millions of rejected souls will travel. I am here to ask you not only to tone down your mischiefs but also to return to the underworld." He pleas.

"I am on break, John. I have come to the City of Angels to retire and I will not go back to that retched place that I used to call home. If He so badly wants someone to rule hell, He can look for a new replacement."

John stares at me for the last time. But this time, it doesn't look like he's annoyed; it seems that he is hurt.

"Fine, Harry. I shall tell Dad that you will not be returning to the underworld today. But you will return someday. Mark my words." And with that, John spread his wings and flew up like lightning. I look up and saw a circling light in the night sky. John rapidly enters and disappears and from then on, I felt God's huge disappointment in me. Something that I was accustomed to, but never liked.

I greet Jim, my front door bouncer, as I walked in my club called "Luce's Haven", because it truly was my haven. This is where I live temporarily. I have been on break since October 3, 2015. It was the day I went up to heaven with my trusted companion Cecile. I was called by my Father in a meeting where we would discuss the yearly routines, and I told him that it was about time that I took a break from the hell hole; literally. He agreed saying that I have been working hard and that I deserve it. But I haven't even reached half of my break yet he asks me to come back.

I head elevator and press the fifth and final floor in which I stay. My abode was tremendously beautiful. 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room. It was all I ever wanted; and the best part is, I get to redecorate with no charge. The perks of being the devil.

"Where have you been, Harry?" Margarete asks.

"Somewhere."

"John was here?" A familiar voice sounds from the dining room. As I enter, I see Cecile eating with Margarete. They were having a caesar salad; how odd.

"Yes, and the persuasion of returning to the underworld comes back again."I respond as I sit down and grab a plate.

"Maybe it is time that we return, Luce. After all, you are needed there." Margarete suggests.

"I know I am, I just don't want to."

"And why is that?" Cecile asks.

I stare at them for a bit and then I looked down to start finishing my food. Once I finished, I stood up and grabbed my plate. Both of them were staring at each other, questioning my actions. I head down to the master's chamber in front of the dining area.

As I reached for the door, I stopped.

"Because I don't need to see His disappointed face again." I said as I entered the room in silence.