1

Chapter I

Kierra's POV

Patiently waiting for my long-time friend Camilla to pick me up here in the airport, a group of teenagers stood a few meters away from me and happily chatting with one another and I can't help to overhear their conversation since they're talking loudly.

"You should go out with Josh, he's a catch!!" a girl in a Brazilian hair exclaimed as she's eyeing a tall cute Korean guy who passed by.

"Well how about Misho? I've heard He's doing another modeling in Paris this coming week and Oh my God, can you see those athletic body of him. He's totally my dream guy" another girl with a long fake eye lashes blurted out.

"I don't like those guys and you know I'm not still over Enrico" and the blond petite but gorgeous girl started to cry and didn't care when she's started attracted people's attention.

Then a nerdy look-like girl but pretty wearing thick glasses handed a tissue on her crying friend while the other two seems look embarrassed from the attention they're getting at.

I start to wonder how she got into kind of group as far as I can observe she's the total opposite of those three. And from my point of view and concluding from what I've witnessed for a short time, she's not happy to go along with them but seems she doesn't have any choice at all.

A car stopped in front of them and the three of the girls went inside while the nerdy one helps the driver to put all their baggage at the back of the car.

She look at my direction and shyly smiles before totally steps in inside.

I smile sadly and slightly shook my head, thinking were in the same shoe way back then. I know how it feels like. I mean to do a thing that wasn't in your likes but you don't have the power to oppose and the only choice left was to go on with the flow.

I'm dwelling with my thoughts of the past when Camilla's car stops in front of me and her apologizing face show up in the window of her car.

You're late I said pouting and make my way to the passenger seat and sit comfortably.

It's not my fault though, you know how shitty the traffic here in the Phil she said as she started driving her convertible black jaguar like crazy car racer passing other cars.

Hey slow down!! I snarled at her and she did anyway while laughing hard.

It's her weird of saying hello by scaring the hell out of me.

You still scaredy-cat Kierra, she continue to tease me as the stop light sign appears.

And you still a bully Camilla and landed light punches in her shoulder. In return she punches me back.

We continued teasing each other until she stops in an apartment type condominium.

So here you go, she smiles and she handed me a key for the apartment. "You're good on your own now right Kierra? She asks while looking at her wrist watch.

Oh yeah I whispered.

I wish to stay for a couple of minutes more but I've got an appointment nearby, a few blocks away anyways. If I've finished early let's have dinner later okay? She added and starts the engine.

Okay just give me a call I said and went inside.

The place is cozy and spacious. I walked my way into the kitchen, open the refrigerator that is full of stuffs good for a week.

I grab some apple and took a bite. Then climb up the stairs pulling my baggage with me to my room. I lay in the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

I moved back here in Philippines to have a fresh start away from the place who took my parents' lives.

Camilla's dad is my dad best buddy, so when they've heard about what happen, they've offer a place for me to start over again since I'm open  with the idea of moving back here.

I took a deep breath and started unpacking my things.

In times like this when silence can be deafening and the ticking of the wall clock alters those silence, it sent me the unwanted feeling; the feeling that I don't want to entertain. SADNESS.

Making myself busy all the time helps me on dealing with depression and sadness and temporarily, at least forgetting the fact that I'm all alone now.

After settling all my things, i hit back in bed feeling tired physically and emotionally and before I know I fall asleep.

7: 30 exactly and I woke up when I hear Camilla's voice outside the door then a loud and annoying knocks follows that I could not ignore it anymore.

What!! I shouted and held a pillow in my ears.

Open up scary-cat!! She still shouts outside.

What?!!!Annoyingly asked her again and she handed me a paper.

It's your class schedule and you have orientation to attend to ahmmmm at 10 then she steps inside my room and sit on the bed.

I prepared breakfast for you since you don't eat dinner last night. I want to wake you up but you likely sound asleep she continues talking and looking at me intently.

Hmmmmm thanks I said, still busy scanning on my class schedule trying to avoid an eye contact with her.

I know she wants me to open up about what happen in Chicago but I'm not ready nor want to talk about it.

She heavily sighs and taps me in the shoulder. Tell me when you're ready, I can lend you my shoulder you know and smiles.

Thanks I shortly replied and smile too.

@ UNI

See you later and I waved goodbye to Camilla. Striding along the pavements and holding my camera while randomly taking pictures around, I accidentally bump into someone and worst spill her coffee in both of our shoes.

I'm sorry I apologetically said and started to panic as the stain of coffee almost covers her white shoes.

It's okay it's just a shoes she shrugged.

Still I'm sorry and slightly smile.

She has a beautiful brown eyes and lovely natural pinky lips. I like her ash-gray hair which makes her stand out among the crowds. She's a bit taller than me that's why I'm kinda looking up at her to meet her eyes.

Are you checking me out? She said.

What? I confusedly ask. I've noticed the stain in her collarbone so absently minded got my hanky and wiped the coffee stain.

She blushes and so did I.

Well I...ahmmm have to go I stuttered and start walking away. See you around she shouted.

And I just smile.