Prologue

Disclaimer:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

---start

Last night, I... I died.

I saw sadness in your eyes--like I never saw it before. The timing felt perfect. You were on your way home when I called you. "I will die." Like how I used to tell those words whenever I call. Only this time, you're wrong for taking that as a joke--thinking that I wouldn't really harm myself. Because I just did. This time, it wasn't a question you'd answer with: "You won't die, I'll go there." It was more of a statement.

I saw blood all over the sheets, and I felt... happy. Finally I felt actual pain that I can see, and mend--and probably touch. But it was nothing compared to a heart break. It was nothing compared to the pain you left in my soul.

Little by little I felt weaker--but again it was nothing compared to the weakness I felt when you said good bye.

The door banged at it was time for me to leave my temple, my body. I felt cold, I felt lighter than usual.

You saw me, and I was just standing behind you--I can't touch you anymore. I can't hug you the way I would every time you came to visit.

And there was pity in your eyes, or should I say guilt?

It was the first time I saw you actually cared for me--sa araw araw na pag pasok mo sa kwarto ko ito ang unang pagkakataon. You actually felt sorry and sad. Unfortunately, it has to be this way.

I tried to touch your hand,  but my hand ran through yours and I felt my own darkness.

Natataranta ka, para bang napako ang mga paa mo sa sahig habang pareho nating tinitignan ang katawan ko na... wala nang malay.

Lumapit ka sa'kin. You touched me and for the first time in 3 years, you hugged me back and I can't do the same thing for you anymore... Every touch seemed like it meant something.

You shook me na para bang may magagawa ito. You grabbed my bloody hands and you just wrapped me in your arms until my body turned into ice.

How I wish I could feel it too;
and I can't believe I felt regret of leaving you;

To be continued.

---

Please do leave your comments. And yes, I'm not perfect so surely may mga mali sa grammar ko and feel free to correct me. Btw, a comment will surely help me out. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing.

-Tan.