Chapter 2

Ember's POV:

     The long trek to the small town was making me exhausted, my limbs were heavy and I could barely keep my eyes open. 

     "Just a little more, just a little."

    The trees were starting to lessen and soon all that was around me was sidewalk and old brick buildings. In the near distance I could see a small little old lady in front of a diner. My mood bolted as I began to speed walk to the door. I haven't ate a good meal for ages, unless squirrel and rabbits was everyone's ideal dinner.

     When my feet entered the door of the small diner my mouth instantly started watering to the intense smell of pastries and hamburgers. Looking around I saw two options to sit at. Either the counter where all the drunk old men were flirting with the waitress, or the booths that are deserted. I chose a booth. 

     As I was walking to a booth all eyes were on me, it was a small town so seeing a new face was rare. Looking away I scurried the rest of the way to the booth and slid into the far counter and put my head into a menu. 

     "Ma'am, you ready to order?"

     Looking up I see a young women, probably in her teenage years, smacking her gum. She obviously was annoyed or something so I quickly order. 

     "Yeah, could I get a cup of coffee and a cheeseburger?"

She nods her head and takes my menu, my only cover from all the curious eyes. I cast my eyes down and look at my jagged nails to try to distract myself. The energy in the room shifts as the door to the diner opens.

All the eyes I could previously feel were quickly taken off of me and put on to the person entering. In a way I felt better but now a whole new feeling came over me. 

Desperation.

Wanting.

Lust.

I was so curious to see what it was but at the same time I could not bring myself to lift my eyes to see. I was scared to confront whatever made me feel this way. 

Whispers started to fill the diner as the feeling became more evident. It felt as if the feeling was coming closer, or walking closer. 

I could start to feel a present near me my body began to warm, it felt like I was at the entrance of a volcano. When the feeling was close to unbearable someone spoke, and it felt like I had just jumped into that volcano. 

"Look at me."

The sound of this persons voice brought me chills. My skin was crawling and my wolf was going crazy. The need to look at him was so present but I just couldn't. I was almost positive at what was happening but I didn't know if I could handle it. 

"I said Look at me!"

I jumped at the intensity of his request. He obviously held a lot of power and demanded respect. Finally I looked and I wish I hadn't.