Matthew and the Moon

Sadness overcame at the atmosphere of his house. His parents did not have enough money to treat his strange illness. One night, the clouds left and the moon appeared, shining so extremely that all the streets seemed to be brightened by lots of streetlights..

The moon come up to the window and said, "Dear friend, I have been sleeping every night, to recover all the brightness the stars took from me during summer."

Now I have so much energy that I want to give some to you, and so you can keep looking at me every night, and I would have never shine this way never again because of you. You gave me your friendship since you were a baby, and I knew you were always there even when I could not see you. So, open the window and close your eyes, you will have a surprise..."

Mathew stood up from bed, it was a miracle, and he walked barefoot when could barely walk, went up the window edge, open it and closed his eyes. The moon raised two shiny arms and hold Mathew in her arms, hugged him with love pass on him.

The next day, Matthew's parents opened his room door, and wonderfully found him jumping on the bed, completely recovered. His parents were shocked, and called the doctor to know what had happened, but the doctor shrugged his arms and said,

"I don't know what to expect or say, I mean Science is a mystery! The kid is completely healthy!"

Mathew said laughing, "My friend Moon healed me so that I can watch her everyday outside my window. Besides, I won't be sad when she sleeps, because friends always find the way of spending some time together".

And that is the end of the story...