Let it begin

Dan as usual was sitting in the living room with his laptop browsing the Internet

Then all of a sudden his phone vibrated on the table which made him curse quietly to himself as he got a fright.

He went over to get his phone and check who caused the notification.
It was Phil. His best friend in the whole world, the one that had helped him with his mental illness and with all the breakdowns he had in the past from the regaining the memories of his infant age.
The text said:
"We need to talk when I get home"
Dan immediately text back "What about?" but Phil just sent back "You'll find out when I get home"

Dan slumped onto the couch and his heart felt like it was beating faster than usual. All he could think was the possibilities of what he wanted to talk about and if he had done anything bad recently.
Or hurt anyone without knowing.

Dan sat for a minute to have a think.
Then it hit him. A memory of his last victim, she could have been found. However he did dispose of her well and covered his tracks he hadn't slipped up in months and even then theu couldn't track it back to him in any way.
Maybe Dan was over thinking and he hadn't done anything wrong at all.

He had to make sure he was just over thinking though so he searched on the Internet on news sites. He couldn't find anything about that woman. He did find a article about her with the title "Rachel Thompson missing for 3 months now" but that didn't interest him in any way he already knew that people were looking for her.

Dan needed to calm down he was sweating from fear. He jut told himself he was over thinking just one text. So he sat and watched TV while he waited for Phil to get home.

When he heard the door open he took a deep breath. Then when he saw the look on Phil's face when he enter the room he just knew it was something bad he wanted to talk about he didn't know what but it was something bad definitely.