Chapter 1: Summer

Hearing a loud horn from a boat outside the window a red head wakes up annoyed remembering where he is. Since last summer the teen spent it with his father this time it's his mothers turn and for them to have "mother, son" time. But all his mother does is talk about the different sea creatures there are, all about the oceans, different types of shells, ect..

For the past week that the red head has been there all he has done was get the things his mother needs to finish her research on the fishes she catches. She'll either save them and manage to keep them safe, maybe sets them free or if she needs to learn more about them she'll dissect them and throw them away. Since she was fired and humiliated from her last job all she's trying to do is recover from the humiliation and gain back her name. She was one of the greats but ever since that day.. It went to her head and she was down, disappeared for a whole year and didn't care much about her husband and child. But later when she came back she divorced Kevins father, but sadly since hes not 18 yet he would still have to visit her.

Hoping this time it wouldn't be too much of a waste, he remembers that he gets to see the beach and surf some killer waves with his new surf board.

Fully waking up and getting out of bed, by the sound of silence around the boy he knows his mother wasn't home. Taking this opportunity to go down at the beach. Getting his shorts on and a white tank top under his green sweater. Never leaving his one and only prize possession his lucky red hat and sneakers.

Making his way downstairs to the basement getting his surf board and headed out.
Remembering again he left his bike at his father's he did had to walk a few to go to the beach, luckily for him it wasn't that far. Seeing some familiar faces from last time he came here to visit, some only knew him by his mother.

Getting close to the sand he took off his shoes and socks off and let the sand cuddle between his toes. Looking to the ocean seeing some waves forming bigger and bigger just how Kevin likes. Smiling at the water not even hesitating he drops his shoes and runs towards the water. Putting the board down dropping onto his stomach and stroking his arms to lead him further away from the shore.

As the waves pushed him up and down, left to right and back. He moved his arms faster fighting the water to hit the waves that he missed so much. Seeing others surfing the waves that already went down he had to show them that Kevin Barr has come back. As the biggest wave was forming he pushed his arms even faster to be the first to surf that wave. Getting closer the water got him higher, feeling the cool breeze and some water splashing on his freckle face he knew he had to take it. Smirking a bit he lifted his whole muscular body up and drove the wave. Howling in the air and touching the water with his right hand he hears some screams and cheers from others watching him.

As the wave was still up he spots a shiny orange color like a scale from inside the wave. Trying to lean forward to see what caught his eye, he didnt notice how far he leaned and fell into the water. Lifting his head up for air and reaching out for his board he searches around for the orange figure but couldn't find a thing,till some teens approached him.

"Yo man are you okay? Damn that was sick what you did!" As one of the teens reached out for a fist pump.

"Thanks. I could've landed it but saw something in the water." As he looked down thinking it was still there whatever that distracted the teen from showing off.

"Nah it's cool. Names Phil. Thats Rick, Logan & Ruby." As he pointed to his friends and them greeting back. "Kevin." Giving his name in return. "Wait Kevin? As in Kevin Barr." As he nodded his head in a agreement. "Ha heard of you, some people said you killed the waves two years ago when we had our summer surf off, you gonna enter this year?"

"Yeah, gotta show that the winner is back for another win." Him getting cocky about himself." What about you guys?"

"Of course! That's why we all came down to practice on some waves. But aye theres a beach party tomorrow wanna come with?"

Thinking before answering him. I did promise mom I'd help her, nah fuck that she probably wouldn't notice. Getting his thoughts together. "Yeah I'm down."

"Cool. See you tomorrow man."

As they went back to the surface and getting their bags they headed off into the distance as for Kevin seeing the sunset going down he decided to stay back and drift on his board before leaving for home.

Drifting a little longer he looks at the view of the sunset and sees that this is what he has missed the most. The red skies never looked so beautiful than the sky at peach creek.