Used And Abused

Hi, my name is Annabelle Winter. I've moved many times in my fourteen years of living. After all my time moving I've only had ONE true friend. His name is Ryan Smith. It's hard to say that we grew up together, but every time I moved back to Florida (my home state) he would always be there waiting for me. Every chance we had we would hang out together. When I was ten I had gotten my first phone, and so did he. We texted every second we were away from each other.When I turned twelve my mother moved me, cross country, to California to be with some guy she had met over the internet. That completely ruined my life! As if moving wasn't bad enough, this time my best friend and I were in completely different time zones!

I became very depressed. Not only from being away from my father, but also from being away from the only person in my life who wasn't obligated to love me, but did anyway. My depression became so bad that I barely ate, never socialized and also stopped talking at all. I felt like there was no point. No point in even living actually. At the age of 13 I was already fully depressed and got no help for it. To make matters worse my mother had become a full blown alcoholic.

I began cutting daily. I didn't care where I cut or how deep it was, I just cut. My reasons behind cutting were not only because I moved extremely far away from the people I loved. They were also because my father started dating a terrible woman who hated me, had treated me like shit, and abused me in the past. Also Ryan had gotten his hone taken away and that same week my "mother" threw my phone into the ocean during one of her drunken rages, then proceeded to tell me I would not get a new one because it was my fault. It's not like I could've had his number memorized either because he had gotten a new number the day before his phone was taken away.

For longer than a year I had absolutely no contact with my father or best friend. I felt like I had no reason to live anymore. I was stuck in a house with an emotionally, physically, and mentally abusive drunk mother and a brother who sexually harassed me and picked on me in any way, shape, or form possible. All of that changed though. While I was in school. ONE phone call. That one call changed my life, forever. For what I had thought was the better. The question is.... Was I right?