Thirsty [Yoonseok]

Yoongi POV

The spring breeze tossed my already messy, minty hair in all directions. It was quite chilly for a spring day... But I couldn't help but enjoy this weather after such a frigid winter. The sun blazed down on the tree tops as I scurried into the nearest cafe--Starbucks-- to grab a drink and take in the atmosphere.

It was my day off. I needed a break from such a long day at work. The cool breeze filled the room as I opened the door of the establishment. I adjusted my clothes, and combed through my hair with my fingers to tame the mess. I took in the classy, calm atmosphere and the smell of fresh coffee brewing. Customers were chatting quietly, others were preoccupied by either their smartphones or laptops. The line wasn't too long but I did have to wait; it was almost rush hour.

I just wanted to chill for once; it's been awhile since I had some time to enjoy myself, and not think of my work.

I walked into the line, already knowing what drink I wanted: a simple expresso and a bottle of water. I just wanted to keep it short and simple. One of my coworker likes to comment on how simple I can be, but it can't be helped. I don't want to waste too much time, I just want to relax.

It was finally my turn to order.

"Good evening sir, how can I help you?" The barista said tiredly, but friendly enough.

"One grande expresso, nothing added please. I bended down and picked up a bottle of water and placed it on the countertop. "And this..." I added.

She punched in the numbers and after a few minutes said: "Your total will be 6 dollars."

I went to grab my wallet from my small backpack; I opened my usual compartment first. Empty. Afterwards, I dug into the bag deeply, to see if I had maybe misplaced it somewhere else in the bag. Nope, nothing.

Why am I looking so hard...I only have my wallet and headset in here?

"One second..."I looked up at the cashier quickly, while searching once more. I felt eyes on me as I continued to search for the much desired wallet.

After about five minutes, I have nearly reached one conclusion.

Fuck...I left my money at home, I thought to myself. To make matters worse, I had no spare cash on hand and I was possibly holding up a line of busy, hungry working people.

Regardless, I quickly searched through my pockets once money for some kind of hope. Wishing the money would appear in thin air.

The barista looked a bit impatient now, almost ready to move onto the next customer.

I opened my mouth to cancel my order when I heard, "I'll take an extra expresso and a pound cake with that order please." The voice came from behind me.

I quickly turned around seeing a man with sleek jet black hair, skinny jeans a casual shirt and a pair of red converses. He made eye contact with me, and his lips formed a bright, pleasant smile. I stared at him for what felt like more than a minute, until the cashier's voice snapped me back to reality.

"So, you are paying together?"

"Bingo.~" said the voice casually, as if he we've known each other for months.

"Cash or Credit?"

The man pulled out a credit card and handed it to the cashier. My eyes didn't leave his...I was in a state of bewilderment and didn't know how to respond. Who is he?