Eyes Open

I stood there dazed, whilst pondering the meaning behind the words they screamed.

Shifting my head around, I identified a shattered piece of glass on the floor. I lifted the shard off the ground and my reflection immediately captured my attention. There, staring back at me-

“Scarlett eyes?” I mumbled to myself. 

My questions were soon interrupted by a sharp pain in my hands. “Ah!” I carelessly opened my hands allowing the shard to crack on the ground. 

Thick, crimson blood dripped from my palms, as I felt the judgements from the people passing me. despite this, their gazes avoided mine clearly uncomfortable in my presence. 

I cupped my hands, disregarding the wound and fled the area. I’m all on my own. 

I evacuated the area, fleeing to an enclosed alley way in between two run downed stores as I try to make sense of the events which has just occured. 

I couldn’t place the pieces together with my fragmented knowledge and non-existent memories. I threw my hands up in desperation, as any hope of regaining my memories fleeted.

the crisp air spiked a sharp sensation towards my open wound as puddles of garnet dripped on the ground. 

Right… 

I pulled apart the fabric on my sleeve, poorly attempting to tend to the infected area on my palm. Little did I know after that, I was on the move again. 

.

.

“We lost her” a young boy sighed as he looked up to a woman towering over him.

Monotonously she muttered “Chieftain won’t be happy”

.

.

As thoughts flocked my head in finding solutions, I became more exasperated with nothing and nobody to aid me. The odds seemed to be against me, when I was interrupted by a mysterious man. 

“Are you alright Miss?”

“Better than ever” I snapped sarcastically.

It then dawned to me that I had just been approached by a stranger who had no fear in his eyes conversing with me. 

“You’re not afraid of me?”

“Why would I be? Have I committed something to offend ya missy?” he replied, amused.

Immediately like an instinct reflex, I sought for his help “Can you help me?”

He laughed as he replied jokingly "Why would I not help a beautiful helpless lady?"

I rolled my eyes judging from his response but I really need help and so far he is the only one who could listen to me right now,

"Listen, I know this may sound crazy and everything but I just woke up from a deep coma and everyone is literally avoiding me because of my different looking eyes and hair color" I explained to him trying to sound as clear as I can

He examine me this time with a serious looking expression unlike previously,

"Oh right you do look a bit different from us, reminds me of some conspiracy ages ago"

My confusion and curiousity immediately activated my instict as I asked spontaneously "What conspiracy?"

He paused for a while as he stares at me "It's...a long and old conspiracy, I'll tell you after I get you in to somewhere safe. Come on"

Suddenly he dragged one of my hands as he ran, my feelings told me that I can trust him and without realisation my legs started to run along with him.

As we ran, I started to thought about everything that has happen after I woke up

A scary abandoned hospital, people who tries very hard to avoid me, my pair of scarlet eyes and my bleeding wound

Even though it is a minor wound but it bleeds non-stop at least it has stopped now I think

I thought my life is going to end just like that, I mean I don't want to die not knowing anything

All I know right now is that, this guy here knows more than me and he will be my first step to answer my unsolved thoughts
.

.

"It is activated" a mysterious figure smirk after mumbling those words.
.

.

To be continued...