Chapter Three

Not knowing what she was really doing, she got out of school and started walking to the park she was wondering at in the morning. Miley had no idea who this person was, or what this person wanted. He was anonymous. A mystery she was about to uncover.

When her feet touched the park floor, her eyes wandered around to spot someone she knew, but she could find no one. The park was filled with old people reading their morning newspapers sitting on benches. Miley spotted an empty one and decided to sit and wait for anonymous person to come to her.

She was looking at her pink painted fingernails when she heard footsteps crunching dried leaves on the floor, Miley saw Timberland shoes walking towards her, the legs said this person was a guy. She raised her head only to see Dave standing there right in front of her. Dave! The hot attractive guy!

"Hey!" he smiled.

Miley was speechless, the butterflies in her stomach were forming. She finally managed to get a "hi" from her lips.

Dave was still standing staring down at Miley, kinda like waiting for an invitation. "So you got my note?"

"Um, yeah" She tried to not look stupid but she could feel her cheeks burning. He must've realized since he released a little chuckle.

Dave took the chance to sit down next to her but was not staring at her, he was looking right ahead, brushing the palms of his hands together.

"I heard the story about your parents..." Dave started but Miley cut him off.

She turned around the seat so that she would be facing Dave, "Who told you? How did you know?" She was kinda shouting, not shouting shouting, like talking in a high voice.

Dave felt guilty, "Umm.. everybody in school knows about it?" he said with a questioning tone, but it was not a question.

"Max" was the first thing that came to her mind, what a doosh! She put her ankles on her knees and hid her face in her hands. Everyone in school knew what had happened with her! This was a disaster!

She felt a hand run through her back, trying to calm her down. Oh his touch was so warming, it kinda felt like heaven with a bit of hell on the side. They both sat there for a while, no one saying a word.

Dave glared at his watch and said,

"We have to go back to school otherwise we'll be late for class. Unless you want to stay here and relax. I can stay with you if you'd like."

"No, thanks I'm fine" Miley started straightening up. "I mean, how can he do this? How can he tell everybody at school what's going on with my life? MY life!"

"It's ok. Calm down. He's just a loser with no goal in life. Sooner or later everyone will forget what happened and start another rumor. It's just teenage stuff. Tears started rushing down Mileys cheeks.

"What if they don't? What if they keep talking about it for the rest of school! My life would be even more miserable than it is now!" Miley had no idea why she was opening up to Dave, they'd just met. Was he that of a special person?

"Only your friend will stand their by your side on the highs and lows. Others will just spread a rumor to be famous or have something to brag about."

"Will you be there for me?" She was thinking to herself but didn't realize the words slipping through her lips. She felt the blood rushing in her cheeks.

A wide smile flashed on Dave's face. "What am I doing right now?" he got up and gave Miley a hand "Common let's get you back to school." Miley took his hand and stood up, wiping the tears off her face.

While walking to school, Dave reminded her, "Remember, do not listen to people who talk trash about you, ignore them, and focus on your studies and most importantly your real friends."

Miley look at Dave's face, an angel at looks and at heart, she smiled looking at their intertwined hands. Dave smiled back.