10000$ and a Programmer

You know people say that Silicon Valley isn't as cut out as its made to be.They got a lot of problems with hundreds of tech and software companies being concentrated on one place in the planet.When i first talked to some of these 'CRITICS' they actually did not realise that I owned one of those companies.My company is one on the smaller side.I created a website which is now doing well,no no 'Doing Well' is quite a mild way to put it.Also the smaller side thing is quite misleading too.I cant tell you everything write now,can I?I will tell you my story,The journey of a Harvard dropout(well they all are Harvard dropouts aren't they?)into the hallowed portals of Silicon Valley.

Even i don't know where and when my journey started.It can be at the various pubs that adorned the most beautiful campus in the world or in my dorm.What i do exactly know is that when i got the idea of my site,i knew that with the right nurturing it had the potential to change the world forever.

Well now you must probably be thinking,how hard can it be?Well my friends it is too damn hard.Tokayashi and me had been best friends since we met as children in Baltimore.He was the son of Japanese immigrants who had just moved to Baltimore from New York.Ever since i met him,he has only aspired to be a Computer Programmer and and to maybe own a company.We both gave the SAT's and each pulled a perfect score of 2400.And as far as choosing a college goes,well what is better in this world than Harvard?

8 November,1999

Well,we were eating dinner at The Baked Goods,Harvard's pub cum bakery for undergrads.The dinner there consisted of skewered lamb and mince pie.As is the case,most people were more interested in fiddling with computers and social networking than in the food which as always was delicious.Today I was almost completely paying attention to the delicious food instead of tinkering with a Apple Mac computer that had completely occupied my attention since the last 4 days.I was so completely immersed in that project that i did not even realise that i had broken up with my girlfriend and missed a days classes.

As i told you,i didn't realise anything and i did not even realise that Neil Sanders along with his twin brother,Martin came and sat down beside me.It took a violent jerk from Tokayashi to break my trance and make me realise that the brothers were staring at me as if i had pelted eggs on their dorm window.Even though the brothers came from quite a wealthy family with many connections,they always tried to maintain a low profile and that was the only reason i respected them.Even though they might be bird brains,in the braun department,no one could beat these two as they were Co-Captains of our Soccer team and were on the way to represent the USA in the FIFA World Cup.With the expectant looks they were shooting at me i knew that they were not here for the delicious food or for meeting up with old friends.They needed something,specifically something they knew only i could give them.

I still remember the meeting.The brothers giving me friendly smiles and my brain giving me warning signals.Turns out,they were not here for beating me,they needed help with making a website whose idea they had,but were in pains to find a Programmer.My reputation as a programmer had already spread and if someone needed to hack into something i was called to the scene first.So it was no surprise that i was the one they would turn to after their first programmer,Nagaraj Subramaniam had gone to work for Oracle.The brothers idea was a social networking site which would include user bio,address and no.Kinda like a dating site,but not a dating site.