Narwhal For A Queen

Ross stood in the long castle hall way staring at Shelby, sorrow filling his eyes.
"Shelby... I'm sorry. Good bye" he spoke softly to her. The pattering of the rain echoed around the castle, you could smell and taste the strong emotions that fluttered around the hall.

"But Ross! You promised me you would stay!" She screamed at him her voice shaking and tears falling down her cheeks. "You said you would never leave me as long as I lived! Why did you lie to me!" She stood at the other end in front of her throne holding up her dress shaking with pain.

Ross looked at Shelby painfully, "Your Highness I shall leave now..." Ross pushed the door of the castle open giving Shelby, only one last look as the large castle door slid shut from his fingers. He stopped outside, the water falling splashing on his head as he stood out in the open, he held his horn tight. Make it be over, let her come back! I love her! He begged silently hoping that a puff of smoke would give Shelby back to him. I love her, but it's over now... Ross realised letting his fingers slip from his narwhal horn and he began to walk away from the castle soaking wet. Soon it was out of sight and he turned to let out a sob with tears falling down his cheeks and the rain soaking his onesie, hair, horn and face. I guess this is goodbye Shelby... I'll miss you.
--------
"Get the guards!" Shelby ordered, "Make them go find a young man with a narwhal horn, brown hair and a grey onesie!"

"Uh yes Queen Shubble, we will get men on it right away! There can't be to many men with horns can there?" Her head guard replied rushing off to gather up guards from the kingdom. Shelby heard him mutter something else but she didn't quite catch it.

She slumped down into her throne again shaking from the fight she had just had with the man she loved, Ross. He was different, yes he had a horn but that didn't matter to her she just liked his sensitivity. Unlike her father's choice for her, Prince Max of Madness. He was very much like his kingdom, mad, Mad Max she liked to call him. She got out her hanky and wiped away a few tears. Ross... Why did you leave me? I love you... She thought to herself. Sitting up in her throne now that she had regathered her emotions. Smoothening out her dress she relaxed, she was crushed all the same but needed to show poise for her Kingdom. I shall miss that adorable, kind, quirky, weird, fantastic, fun, loveable narwhal.... She began to choke up even though she wasn't talking. Because I'll never see him again! They won't get him.... I know they won't! It's unfair! Shelby buried her head into her knees crying, sobbing and wailing into her white dress.

"Are you okay?" Shelby felt a hand stroke her shoulder.

"No" she muffled back into her skirt.

"You want a kiss? On the lips might help... Have you heard the story of the upset princess who got a kiss on the lips from a handsome lumberjack then she felt better?" Shelby looked up to see Sky a lonely lumberjack sitting above her on the top of her throne.

"Sky? What are you doing here? This is a castle not a forest or a cave of gold!" Shelby exclaimed her eyes wide with shock as she looked up at the lonely lumberjack as he sat on the throne twirling a strand of his hair.

"I think I see something golden in your eyes..." Sky flirted winking at Shelby.

Shelby glared at him, I have someone in mind already she felt like saying, "Please leave my home, otherwise I will have to force you out of my home."

"I will have you one day you know, Ross won't stand a chance with my love potion once I get it brewed up!" He snarled and strutted out of the castle. Ross! Hurry come back I miss you! Shelby began feeling tears in her eyes and she began crying into her dress once more.
------------
Ross nervously knocked on the castle door and watched it open with around 40 Knights behind him, his arms chained up behind him and forcefully being pushed into the castle doors.
"Hello Ross..." A redheaded man dressed in black robes with a golden crown greeted him from a throne.