Chapter 1

I lay on my bed as I listen to Fall Out Boy and scroll through tumblr.

  This is how I spend a typical Friday night.

  My name is Rachel. Rachel Morris.

  I have long, brown hair, and green eyes.

  I also have a sister named Lauren.

  Lauren is the most popular girl in school. She has silky, blond hair, a skinny waist, and a boyfriend named Matt (A.K.A. the star basketball player of our school, the Washington High Patriots ).

  She also has talent.

  Lauren is the most beautiful singer I know.

  She won the talent show three years in a row, and now she thinks she will get discovered in the next year and record her own album.

  Sorry, Lauren, but NOT going to happen.

  I'm a freshman in high school, and Lauren is a junior.

  It's hard to be her sister, and not just because she picks on me...

  But because I have no talent whatsoever.

  I can't dance, sing, draw, or play ANY sports.

  I can barely even walk to the bus stop without tripping.

  I'm very uncoordinated.

  Everyone bases me on my sister. They think I have to sing really well because she sings so good. They think I should get straight A's because she does.

  But I'm a different person.

  I'm Rachel Lynn Morris, the girl who fangirls over 21 pilots and stays on tumblr until 3 a.m.

  *******************************************************************************

  "Rachel! Get up! Mom said I have to drive you to school today!" Lauren says, hitting me with her pillow.

  "But it's 6:00," I whine. "School doesn't start until 8:00!"

  "So? You need a good breakfast and I have to go on my daily run. I don't want to come home to see you still in bed".

  I groan and pull my pillow back over my face as Lauren opens the curtains.

  "Rise and shine!" She yells, pulling my pillow off of my face and tugging my arm to get out.

  I find my glasses on my nightstand and walk to the bathroom.

I take a shower and wash my face quickly. Then throw my robe on, and start to put on my contacts.

  "Hurry up!" Lauren yells, banging on the bathroom door.

  I kick it and yell back "I'm almost done!"

  I didn't know why she was yelling at me. I was only in there for ten minutes while she stays in there for an hour or more.

  When I was finished in the bathroom, I went back in my room and put on my favorite 5sos t shirt.

  Then I brushed my hair, threw it in a ponytail, and ran downstairs for breakfast.

  "What's on the menu today?" I asked my mom.

  "French toast and breakfast potatoes," she replied cheerfully.

  "Yum!"

  Lauren was already downstairs. She was combing her long hair and humming zip-a-de-do-da.

  "Why so happy?" I asked her as I filled up my plate.

  "Well, mom just agreed to letting me have my Halloween party here this weekend! Jen and I are shopping for costumes after school!"

  "I don't get what's so exciting about Halloween," I told her, "It's just a bunch of people who dress up in uncomfortable costumes for no reason."

  She rolled her eyes at me.

  "You'd understand if you had friends."

  "I have friends!" I say to her.

  "What, Ally? Name two more."

  "I really don't care" I told her.

  She smirked. "Knew you couldn't do it."

  We finished our breakfast quickly and the clock turned to 7:45.

  "Let's go, Rach. Don't want to be late!" Lauren said as she threw me my backpack.

  I got up and put on my shoes.

  "Bye mom!" I said, giving her a kiss.

  I ran out the door, and got into the car.

  "Let's go!" Lauren said.

  We left.