Chapter one: How hell froze over

A woman by the name of Carla Reynolds has yet to be found. Police say she's the number one suspect of the murder of her husband Grant and their child Megan. Her neighbors describe her as, "a brunette with a temper" and that "she's a person you would not want to get mad". She was last seen Friday night at a bar just off of Washington age. If you have any information please ca-

I turned the television off, those damn brats. Of course they would say that. The last time we spoke was when I threw an airhorn with its button taped down into their bedroom window because they were moaning WAY too loudly for their own good. It wasn't my fault the walls were thin and I was a cranky woman running on two and a half hours of sleep for the past month.

And the police don't know shit. If they saw what I saw that night they would most likely piss their pants.

I can remember that night like a person remembers how to breathe. That horrible night, when I lost everything.

Fondling through my purse I grab my house key. Work had once again been very tiring and I just want a nice, hot shower. But as I push the door open I begin to hear voices.

"When is she getting here?"

"She should be here any minute you idiot now shut up and guard the door"

I slowly walk back to my car, hoping that I don't get caught. I get to my door when a hand goes over my mouth and darkness consumes me.

When I wake up I find that my hands and feet were bound with rope.

A man with a strange mask walks over to me.

"I'm sorry that we have to meet under such circumstances, but I need you to do something for me"

I don't reply, too scared to think of the consequences.

The man grunted in annoyance.

"Now Carla, if you want to forget this ever happened all you'll need to do is pay your husband's debt"

This captured me by surprise.

"Wh-what debt?"

"The three hundred and fifty thousand dollars he owes me!" he snapped maliciously.

"We don't have that kind of money!" I shouted desperately.

He walked over to me and grabbed my chin forcefully, "then you my dear Carla, must make a decision."

I looked up at him and spit in his face.

He yanked my hair then shoved me to the ground.

"Boys, bring them out."

Two other men with strange masks walk out with my husband and daughter tied up. Megan was twisting in the man's grasp, her screams muffled by the duct tape over her mouth.

"Now Carla, since you can't pay the debt, you must decide. Which one do you wish to save, and which one do you wish to have killed?"

Sobbing, I look over to my husband. He was frantically shaking his head,screaming for me to choose him.

"I can't choose" I screeched, sobbing even more so than I had been before.

The first man nodded and the two others pulled out their guns.

"That is not the answer I wished to hear Carla" he said annoyed.

Then two bangs echoed and silence filled the room.